Wait time for FOL

ct14

So I received my TOL 09/2020. Went through everything, passed and received an academy date of March 2021. I ended up needing back surgery so that put everything on hold. Was fully cleared by my doc and I sent all that paperwork to medical. I’m still waiting on my final medical clearance. Any idea if this is normal for a situation like this??

So I received my TOL 09/2020. Went through everything, passed and received an academy date of March 2021. I ended up needing back surgery so that put everything on hold. Was fully cleared by my doc and I sent all that paperwork to medical. I’m still waiting on my final medical clearance. Any idea if this is normal for a situation like this??
All flight surgeons are backed up right now. Lots of people, both ATC and pilots, are waiting to get their medical files reviewed and signed off on. ATC is usually at the back of that list.

All flight surgeons are backed up right now. Lots of people, both ATC and pilots, are waiting to get their medical files reviewed and signed off on. ATC is usually at the back of that list.
I've heard this numerous times. Where is this information being shared? I'm not really in a rush as I'm gainfully employed, but I've heard people even say things like, "flight doc is on vacation." I'm curious, if not speculation, where is this information coming from?

I've heard this numerous times. Where is this information being shared? I'm not really in a rush as I'm gainfully employed, but I've heard people even say things like, "flight doc is on vacation." I'm curious, if not speculation, where is this information coming from?
My info came from me sending an update to the RFS and his out of office message stating that he was on Vacation.

So basically I’m looking at a long wait before I get my clearance.
Yes. Most of us from this years prior bid have been waiting 4-5 months for med clearance from the time we finished our flight doc appts. Doesn’t matter if you hold a class 2 now and have no med issues.

I’ve had class 2 for 12 years between military and FCT, no med issues at all, still waiting just like everyone else.

Edit: Just saw you had back surgery. I’d expect the flight surgeon to want more info and your package to get kicked back a few times. Just plan for 7-8 months to get cleared and if it’s faster than that then you’ll be stoked.

Back
Top Bottom