What's the process?

atc_hd

Lurker
Let me start off by saying I am completely new to this, but I am very interested in a career in ATC. I am a 28 year old civilian with no prior military experience. When is the next hiring going to happen? From what I know it will be on USA jobs and I will have to apply through there. Is that correct? What should i have ready by the time that application goes live? Like I said I am new so any information you guys can give me would be helpful. Thank you!

Have your resume filled out from the USA jobs website, keep an eye on this forum and others regarding future bids (probably in the next couple months). That's about it.

Rumor is it'll be dropped in June but can happen sooner so take it for what it is. USAjobs will be where the job will be posted and it'll help to have a resume already made within USAjobs along with any documents such as education completed to help your case. You can also look at last years post to get a good idea of what to expect and include in your overall package you'll submit.

Rumor is it'll be dropped in June but can happen sooner so take it for what it is. USAjobs will be where the job will be posted and it'll help to have a resume already made within USAjobs along with any documents such as education completed to help your case. You can also look at last years post to get a good idea of what to expect and include in your overall package you'll submit.
Thanks for the reply! Which post from last year are you referring to?

Expect a lot of waiting after you apply. This is NOT a quick hiring process. My timeline is in my signature if you're curious, though some people get through quicker and some take way longer.

Edit: The government shutdown delayed a lot of things. I might have gotten my CIL sooner otherwise, but who knows...

^Check that out and also this.

This will have a TON of information to keep you busy for a little while. As others have said, this is NOT fast by any means. GL!

My CTI instructor went to Congress recently about the next bid and he said that the FAA was going to have the bid this May but the CTI schools had them push it back until June, so he said it's like 95% going to happen in June

Back
Top Bottom