Will Military Security Clearance/ Flight Physical Translate?

BravoKiloATC

Trying to develop a mindset on this hiring process, confused on whether or not my military security clearance/flight physical will translate directly to the FAA thus shortening or expediting the process. If anyone can provide any information it is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, sounds like its a multiple year process. Just trying to get a handle on whether or not to jump into another career in the meantime!
In 2009-2010 the fastest I heard was about 6 months and the longest was 4 years. It took me 2 years from the time I separated from the military.

That shit doesnt even translate between branches. I literally showed up to an Army base in my Navy uniform for the same exact fuckin physical they could've done without me travelling 4 hours away to dusty ass Oklahoma.

No offense... Oklahomans? Oklahomians? Oklahomenese?

I had an active TS/SCI in the military, my clearance for the FAA went through the day it was submitted, not sure if it was a coincidence or not.

Had a clearance from my time in GTMO and it was still good, sped up my process. Got my facility assignment within 6 months of applying and will be there at 8 months from application

Back
Top Bottom