You know what really grinds my gears...

How every email from NATCA addresses us as "Dear Brothers & Sisters"..

What kind of sibling would put the careers of thousands of controllers on standby like this ERR process has? Better yet, this process makes things so cut-throat that controllers are basically stabbing one another in the back in hopes of being the single person who gets to transfer while their coworkers are left waiting however long afterwards. People turning on one another to try and outdo someone else because it's beyond the pale of competitive now.

Sounds like a fine description of a completely dysfunctional family to me.

upload_2017-5-20_9-32-4.jpeg

When your vectoring, stepping down, speed adjustments, tell them their number 3, then 2 miles from tower airspace. "N123TP we'd like to cancel IFR"...what the &()&!!!

30 miles from airport;
"Descend and maintain 3000, advise airport in sight."
"Wilco"

6 miles from airport;
"Airport is 12 o clock, 6 miles."
"Airport in sight."

Just tell me when you see it dammit.

Oh, and more than anything, VFR's squawking 1200 but flying at a hard altitude like 3000 or 4000 instead of 3500, 4500 etc. Or when they decide flying 100' under the bravo shelf smart.

Oh, and more than anything, VFR's squawking 1200 but flying at a hard altitude like 3000 or 4000 instead of 3500, 4500 etc. Or when they decide flying 100' under the bravo shelf smart.
3,000 is a VFR altitude... Definitely agree on the 100 feet under the bravo shelf thing. Legal? Yes. Annoying and gonna set off the TCAS on my airliners trying to land? Yes... Guess I will just stay above the glideslope

Our VFRs fly 100' feet below the C shelf and right through the FAFs at the published FAF altitudes because the FAFs are just outside the borders. Sick design, guys...

The perforations on the strip! There’s always a little flap on the edge.

Back
Top Bottom