Zoom Class Variations For AG’s

sim fast is just a program they put on the scopes to make it realistic. But you can just run it on a computer as well.
Exactly. At RTF before you go run sims on the real scopes with paid RPOs you run them on computers with a classmate being an RPO. I'd hate to do that over a zoom connection though, goddamn. Especially if the "scope" is displayed over Zoom instead of the backside data being fed to simfast on your own computer... but I'm guessing whatever license they have for simfast doesn't allow that so they have to run whole display over Zoom. Dang.

Exactly. At RTF before you go run sims on the real scopes with paid RPOs you run them on computers with a classmate being an RPO. I'd hate to do that over a zoom connection though, goddamn. Especially if the "scope" is displayed over Zoom instead of the backside data being fed to simfast on your own computer... but I'm guessing whatever license they have for simfast doesn't allow that so they have to run whole display over Zoom. Dang.
Meh. It’s just like real life now where it takes a CRJ an hour to turn 30 degrees.

You don’t get the normal functionality of a STARS scope obviously (history, PTL, p-cone etc.) because the rpo is in control but it’s a hell of a lot better than going through the same LOA, Ops, and Flight Data PowerPoints every day until your eyes bleed. And it genuinely does help with basic airspace understanding as far as different runway configurations, conflicts from satellites, and the standard way to run your traffic so the sectors around you don’t wanna murder you every time you sit down.

You don’t get the normal functionality of a STARS scope obviously (history, PTL, p-cone etc.) because the rpo is in control but it’s a hell of a lot better than going through the same LOA, Ops, and Flight Data PowerPoints every day until your eyes bleed. And it genuinely does help with basic airspace understanding as far as different runway configurations, conflicts from satellites, and the standard way to run your traffic so the sectors around you don’t wanna murder you every time you sit down.
To bad they don’t let you train on real traffic

I would like to say that my facility has really avoided bringing in trainees. Granted the regional flight surgeon keeps putting a hold on training but at my Z, only D3s have been brought back. The rest of us lost our currency and will have to “retrain on old sectors” to get it.
Now on top of it, my facility finally acknowledged that the vaccine does apply to us, but we need datacomm first. In order to get datacomm we need the labs back up which need to go through 3 updates each a week long. Then on top of that we are getting the new “big” monitors and each CPC needs training on that before they can bring us back.
So it’s not as simple as getting a shot and returning

I would like to say that my facility has really avoided bringing in trainees. Granted the regional flight surgeon keeps putting a hold on training but at my Z, only D3s have been brought back. The rest of us lost our currency and will have to “retrain on old sectors” to get it.
Now on top of it, my facility finally acknowledged that the vaccine does apply to us, but we need datacomm first. In order to get datacomm we need the labs back up which need to go through 3 updates each a week long. Then on top of that we are getting the new “big” monitors and each CPC needs training on that before they can bring us back.
So it’s not as simple as getting a shot and returning
My understanding is that getting a shot means you can return to the facility, it does not grant you the ability to train. I think there will be a lot of sitting and waiting around, aka back to normal

My understanding is that getting a shot means you can return to the facility, it does not grant you the ability to train. I think there will be a lot of sitting and waiting around, aka back to normal
Oh I understood that. They told us we are going to stay on zoom until after all of what I mentioned will happen. Then they got to get the CPC-ITs first. In many ways I’m grateful because I don’t have to just sit there at work but at the same time I still can’t believe D2s aren’t even back yet. We could have all went back in November but they told us in October to not come back for the recert.

Back
Top Bottom