2-5-3. NAVAID FIXES
Describe fixes determined by reference to a radial/localizer/azimuth and distance from a VOR-DME/VORTAC/TACAN/ILS-DME as follows:
- When a fix is not named, state the name of the NAVAID followed by a specified radial/localizer/ azimuth, and state the distance in miles followed by the phrase “mile fix.”
- “Appleton Zero Five Zero radial Three Seven mile fix.”
- “Reno localizer back course Four mile fix.”
- When a fix is charted on a SID, STAR, enroute chart, or approach plate, state the name of the fix.
- Use specific terms to describe a fix. Do not use expressions such as “passing Victor Twelve” or “passing J Eleven.”