9-2-20. EVASIVE ACTION MANEUVER
Approve a pilot request to conduct an evasive action maneuver only on the basis of a permissible traffic situation. Specify the following items, as necessary, when issuing approval:
- NOTE: The “evasive action” maneuver is performed by a bomber/fighter bomber aircraft at or above FL 250 along a 60 NM long segment of the flight plan route overlying a RBS or other site and includes:
- 1. Flying a zigzag pattern on both the left and right side of the flight plan route centerline. Altitude deviations are made in conjunction with the lateral maneuvering.
- 2. Lateral deviations from the route centerline will not normally exceed 12 miles. Altitude variations must not exceed plus or minus 1,000 feet of the assigned flight level; i.e., confined within a 2,000 foot block.
- Specific route segment on which the maneuver will take place.
- Distance of maximum route deviation from the centerline in miles.
- CLEARED TO CONDUCT EVASIVE ACTION MANEUVER FROM (fix) TO (fix),
- (number of miles) EITHER SIDE OF CENTERLINE,
- MAINTAIN (altitude) THROUGH (altitude),
- COMPLETE MANEUVER AT (fix) AT (altitude).