En Route 01/12/22 EnRoute Basics

fieldofdreams

Thread for people starting Enroute Basics 01/12/22 with a projected OKC start date of 02/16/22

Any suggestions on where you guys will be looking to stay when in OKC?

Thread for people starting Enroute Basics 01/12/22 with a projected OKC start date of 02/16/22

I'm originally from the okc area so I'll be staying with family. But I'm down to meet for any and all study sessions. Some past academy grads recommended Kim's place since a lot of past students leave material behind.

I'm coming in from the Grand Canyon. Where is everyone else from?

Oh nice! Good to have some local knowledge in the class lol I've heard good things about Kim's Place. I am also considering Academy Advantage but still truing to decide.

I will be arriv9ong from Long Island, New York sooo I guess I will be the ZNY sacrifice if one is needed

Lol if ZNY is your facility choice I will gladly let you take it. My husband is a terminal controller and his only request was to avoid New York and California.

I am thinking Kim's place. When my brother was at the academy he stayed there and had a good time, especially having others from the class as his roommates and next door neighbors.

I visited him and stayed there and it's a pretty nice place.

I am coming from Idaho!

Hey guys I'm also in 1/12 basics! I'm coming from California.

Question, why is California not a desirable destination?

Considering academy advantage for housing but if most of you guys are thinking Kim's place I'd be just as happy staying there as well.

Welcome! Probably the same reason New York isn't desirable either, cost of living but being from the NYC area I see a lot of hate for Long Island on here and its genuinely not that bad lol

Still haven't decided on living arrangements yet. I just got my FOL so I am going to start reaching out to places Monday.

Grande I'm really trying to stay as close to Oklahoma as possible. My husband has been a controller at Grand Canyon for the last 4 years and were just ready to be closer to family.

Grande I'm really trying to stay as close to Oklahoma as possible. My husband has been a controller at Grand Canyon for the last 4 years and were just ready to be closer to family.
If your husband is already a FAA controller you should be able to request a spousal accommodation and get placement near him.... being that he's at Grand Canyon and I don't believe there is much around you'd like switch to terminal and go there as well

If your husband is already a FAA controller you should be able to request a spousal accommodation and get placement near him.... being that he's at Grand Canyon and I don't believe there is much around you'd like switch to terminal and go there as well
The plan is to request spousal accommodation once I have a facility. The process to transfer out of GCN has been a nightmare.

I'm not sure that will work. They're going to say you accepting the position knowing it was nowhere near your husband when it could have been corrected upfront. But no data to support my theory. Best of luck. Understandable that Grand Canyon isn't where you want to be

At the end of the day I'm down for the opportunity and where ever they send me I'll gladly go. I understand the FAA gives zero cares about my geographical preferences. The whole thing is a marathon, not a sprint and I know that. Just excited about getting a class date and working my ass off.

I got an email on Monday asking me to verify my address so they could ship my iPad before Christmas.

I talked to a terminal controller who went through the program last year who stayed at academy advantage and loved it.

I got the same email no response back yet. Guessing more will come after the holiday...

A lot of reviews seemed really positive! So I am looking forward to saying there!

Back
Top Bottom