2018 Busiest US Facilities

CLT started that roughly 5 years ago. If they’re going to be classed as an up/down, everyone should work every position. If they don’t, then they should be split like other former up/downs. Most likely, CLT would fall to a level 11 tower and separate approach and MIA would be a level 10/11 tower and the approach would be 12.
Why would we want facilities to downgrade? Let them stay combined if that's more beneficial. PCT went from an 11 back to a 12 just by getting reclassed from consolidated Tracon to Tracon. CI stayed the same but the parameters changed and everyone there got 6%. Basically for free. This is a good thing.

enroute counts attached.

Lowly applicant puke here... I thought HCF and JCF were classified as terminal facilities, is that not correct? And from what people said here "E10" is now "JCF" as of 2016, so why would it have 2018 numbers associated with it?

Lowly applicant puke here... I thought HCF and JCF were classified as terminal facilities, is that not correct? And from what people said here "E10" is now "JCF" as of 2016, so why would it have 2018 numbers associated with it?
HCF, JCF, ZUA, and ZSU are all Combined Control Facilities. A blend of enroute/terminal.
I left them in the file because they were in the enroute counts on ATADS. Their enroute and terminal counts aren't the same, so I think they still have the differentiation in traffic count operations.
Yes, E10 was changed to JCF... however that change wasn't reflected in ATADS until September 19, 2018. Strange thing is, prior to September 19, E10 traffic counts were 500-900/day....but after, the JCF counts are 100-200/day.

Don't know about SFO, but at IAH they land/depart on the three parallel east/west runways and push out a lot of departures on 15/33 L and R. Maybe a converging runway CI bump. They were a 12 until a few years ago.
SFO is a good example of how the CI is broken. All that traffic is run by one controller. The 4 runways intersect and are in simultaneous use. The position is unable to be split. It’s the busiest local in the world.

SFO is a good example of how the CI is broken. All that traffic is run by one controller. The 4 runways intersect and are in simultaneous use. The position is unable to be split. It’s the busiest local in the world.
Too bad LAS doesn’t do that. They have 2 locals for their converging runways. There’s got to be a way to split it. But then efficiency takes a hit.