2018 Busiest US Facilities

Too bad LAS doesn’t do that. They have 2 locals for their converging runways. There’s got to be a way to split it. But then efficiency takes a hit.
The runway configurations between LAS and SFO are very different. There doesn’t seem to be a safe way to split it at SFO. They’re hitting the gaps between the two arrival runways with the two departure runways. While that’s happening, the aircraft that can’t take the normal departure runways are squeezed out on the arrival runways.

Top Ten TRACONs:
SCT- 2,261,004 (6,194)
N90- 1,947,790 (5,336)
NCT- 1,695,623 (4,645)
PCT- 1,396,085 (3,825)
C90- 1,290,383 (3,535)
D10- 1,248,633 (3,421)
A80- 1,213,785 (3,325)
MIA- 1,087,959 (2,981)
I90- 967,555 (2,651)
D01- 893,143 (2,447)

Should SoCal get 30% CIP since they're busier than N90 ! Can we get some.of that racketeering action west of the Mason-Dixon plz !? In solidarity!

It truly makes you think how some of these things are calculated for pay levels.
Examples:
  • CLT is 39% less busy than ORD, but they’re both 12s. CLT isn’t even an up/down anymore. The same applies to MIA.
  • How is PCT a 12? They have 8% more ops than C90 (with more than twice the airspace) and 28.5% less traffic than N90 who has less airspace.
  • How are I90 and D01 level 12s?
  • How is ZJX a level 11?
It’s time to bring back level 13...
I agree on your 13 comment.

Remove the RIC area from PCT and the airspace drastically shrinks with minimal impact on #’s. Traffic #’s at IAD have been on the decline for over a decade, 600,000 + at one point now below 300,000. DCA is at max capacity.

I wonder how much of an impact the FRZ, SFRA and all the extra security procedures have if any on the complexity algorithm. The FRZ really limits the ability for the DCA area to accomplish sequencing the IAD & BWI in with DCA jets since only the DCA departures can enter the FRZ.

Should SoCal get 30% CIP since they're busier than N90 ! Can we get some.of that racketeering action west of the Mason-Dixon plz !? In solidarity!

SCT doesn’t need incentive pay because you don’t need incentive to live in San Diego. God you’re dumb.

SCT doesn’t need incentive pay because you don’t need incentive to live in San Diego. God you’re dumb.
Don't be fooled by the name. CIP doesn't always go to facilities that need to offer an incentive to individuals to live there. In my district, the most desired facilities get CIP, while facilities no one wants to even tour let alone get assigned or transfer to get the goose egg. We haven't had a controller ERR to our facility in over a decade. We've had NEST, we've had one hardship (who was only at the facility for one year), and we routinely get the people that finish toward the bottom of their class at the academy. The first question people ask wants they feel comfortable, "When do you think I can leave and how do I go about doing it."

Don't be fooled by the name. CIP doesn't always go to facilities that need to offer an incentive to individuals to live there.

Oh I know it’s been abused and mishandled. They keep talking about revamping who gets it and who doesn’t get it to bring it back to its original purpose but I don’t know the status of that.

While it may have a higher traffic count that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s busier. Keep in mind how huge SoCal’s airspace is compared to N90. And how nobody’s mad to be living in San Diego

Don't be fooled by the name. CIP doesn't always go to facilities that need to offer an incentive to individuals to live there. In my district, the most desired facilities get CIP, while facilities no one wants to even tour let alone get assigned or transfer to get the goose egg. We haven't had a controller ERR to our facility in over a decade. We've had NEST, we've had one hardship (who was only at the facility for one year), and we routinely get the people that finish toward the bottom of their class at the academy. The first question people ask wants they feel comfortable, "When do you think I can leave and how do I go about doing it."

yep, CIP is a scam. major solidarity on that point!

giphy.gif

sounds like you work at my old facility

I agree on your 13 comment.

Remove the RIC area from PCT and the airspace drastically shrinks with minimal impact on #’s. Traffic #’s at IAD have been on the decline for over a decade, 600,000 + at one point now below 300,000. DCA is at max capacity.

I wonder how much of an impact the FRZ, SFRA and all the extra security procedures have if any on the complexity algorithm. The FRZ really limits the ability for the DCA area to accomplish sequencing the IAD & BWI in with DCA jets since only the DCA departures can enter the FRZ.
I doubt it’ll ever get back to the hay day, but UAL is adding 2 additional banks this summer at IAD, so that’ll boost it a little.

I doubt it’ll ever get back to the hay day, but UAL is adding 2 additional banks this summer at IAD, so that’ll boost it a little.

But at least there (IAD) when someone says “it was a lot busier before you got here” it actually is true.... not like most facilities/locations...

But at least there (IAD) when someone says “it was a lot busier before you got here” it actually is true.... not like most facilities/locations...

MEM was the same way before the NWA/Delta merger. I always heard stories about how long the pushes were and saw it fall off to about nothing while I was in training at ZME. Picked back up a little bit, but still don't do much outside of FedEx.

Why would we want facilities to downgrade? Let them stay combined if that's more beneficial. PCT went from an 11 back to a 12 just by getting reclassed from consolidated Tracon to Tracon. CI stayed the same but the parameters changed and everyone there got 6%. Basically for free. This is a good thing.
Someone with logic speaking

Charlotte should be an 11 already, you can’t consider yourself an up down if half or more of your controllers only work the tower or TRACON. Same with Miami.

CLT is in for a rude awakening when they remove their crossing runway in two years and lose that complexity.

Charlotte should be an 11 already, you can’t consider yourself an up down if half or more of your controllers only work the tower or TRACON. Same with Miami.

CLT is in for a rude awakening when they remove their crossing runway in two years and lose that complexity.

If the CLT dude who allegedly* built IEDs is listening... I'm not w this guy and I was always nice to you! Billy Graham parkway is lovely and so is the entire Mecklenburg county!

(Edited* to keep boots from calling me bad names. )

Last edited by a moderator: