4th quarter 2017

To post two extremes, I90 vs A80. I90 will training percentage will increase by ~30% and be allowed to select fewer people. A80's will decrease by ~30%, they'll be able to select a ton of people and their staffing % will look more dire then C90 by a decent margin.
I agree. And it might push the A80s higher up the priority list and maybe they can get over that inherent disadvantage the decision lense criteria formula places upon them.

I agree. And it might push the A80s higher up the priority list and maybe they can get over that inherent disadvantage the decision lense criteria formula places upon them.
I hope this fixes that...instead of them being so low and able to select 28...like this panel

A paid, targeted move, for level 9 radar certified controllers, with a one year priority release would greatly help the staffing at A80.
They can send 100s of level 4/5/6 controllers here, but it is just going to waste valuable training resources.

A paid, targeted move, for level 9 radar certified controllers, with a one year priority release would greatly help the staffing at A80.
They can send 100s of level 4/5/6 controllers here, but it is just going to waste valuable training resources.
Unlike N90, people would probably take a paid A80 bid

I remember back when A80 had people come in to "test" at the facility for week, running real world problems in the Dysim. We had some of our people go give it a shot.

Not official by any means, but as far as upcoming panels go, Sep, Dec, then starting in 2018, every two months, starting in Feb is what was discussed at this past panel without any objection.

Does anyone know how the projected number is actually calculated?
It's displayed in the cell.
Basically takes your CPCs and adds all the Inbound columns after merging them with your training success percentage and then subtracts all the Outbound column values including projected retirements etc.
This explanation is over simplified.

It's displayed in the cell.
Basically takes your CPCs and adds all the Inbound columns after merging them with your training success percentage and then subtracts all the Outbound column values including projected retirements etc.
This explanation is over simplified.
Ok thanks wasn't sure if there was a time mixed in there as in a brand new trainee getting to a facility

Does anyone think the actual training success rates are going to hurt the amount of people actually eligible to leave rather than help it?

I personally think that it's going to raise the projected national average too much. There is going to be a point were the projected average is going to be more of an issue rather than current CPCs AOB.

Does anyone think the actual training success rates are going to hurt the amount of people actually eligible to leave rather than help it?

I personally think that it's going to raise the projected national average too much. There is going to be a point were the projected average is going to be more of an issue rather than current CPCs AOB.
Yes. Our training average is 70% even though we've only had one washout in the a decade. It's always something with this process

It's going to really hurt the facilities that were in the bottom half of their training success rate categories. I also think they will have to detach the requirement for release from the proj natl avg number at some point. Personally I think the goal line should be frozen at or below 90%.

That's what I'm saying. Our base facility type success rate is higher than our actual
Right so this change will definitely help your proj number. Whether its still considered a positive for you when you factor in the new goal line is harder to predict. I guess I was confused cuz the post you quoted was referring to the possible negative aspect of the training success rate change.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom