A few pre OKC ATC Trainee questions.

Regarding bringing your family with you to OKC: your FAA paid housing options are limited to their approved providers, which you can find on the FAA academy website. They pay $62 or whatever the set daily rate is, but it goes directly to your chosen housing provider. For that price your options are a standard hotel room at one of the nearby airport hotels, or sharing a house or apartment with another student. The only option to have a house to yourself is Kim’s Place, but you pay an extra $20ish per day on top of what the FAA pays. If that is your plan, make sure you reach out to Kim as soon as you get your dates to secure it.

Regarding bringing your family with you to OKC: your FAA paid housing options are limited to their approved providers, which you can find on the FAA academy website. They pay $62 or whatever the set daily rate is, but it goes directly to your chosen housing provider. For that price your options are a standard hotel room at one of the nearby airport hotels, or sharing a house or apartment with another student. The only option to have a house to yourself is Kim’s Place, but you pay an extra $20ish per day on top of what the FAA pays. If that is your plan, make sure you reach out to Kim as soon as you get your dates to secure it.
There are other options that don't involve roommates like Anatole but they usually book up fast. If you get Anatole South their 1 bedrooms have a decent sized walk in closet that can fit a pack n play but I wouldn't do more than 3 people in that apartment.

I will not be receiving the $62.40 daily per diem for lodging, as I live within 50 miles of MMAC. I will only be receiving the $40.40 M&IE. Is the M&IE paid directly to you, or do you have to provide recipes for groceries/food to get reimbursed?

I will not be receiving the $62.40 daily per diem for lodging, as I live within 50 miles of MMAC. I will only be receiving the $40.40 M&IE. Is the M&IE paid directly to you, or do you have to provide recipes for groceries/food to get reimbursed?
It's paid directly to you and no receipts are needed. Your first one comes 15 days after you arrive, then every 30 days following that.

It's paid directly to you and no receipts are needed. Your first one comes 15 days after you arrive, then every 30 days following that.
Awesome man, I appreciate the quick response. Was curious if I’d be able to use it to help pay for my rent or not, and sounds like I could.

Awesome man, I appreciate the quick response. Was curious if I’d be able to use it to help pay for my rent or not, and sounds like I could.
Yeah I just got here so can confirm they don't care what you do with it. It's direct deposited into your bank account to do with what you may.

From experience, you should get an additional stipend to offset your housing costs if you live within 50 miles of MMAC. It isn't as much as the 62.40 that's paid directly to housing providers but it's still a decent amount.

Kinda fucked up the cutoff is 50 miles. 100 miles round trip per day isn’t a reasonable commute, IMO.
Yea, to be fair I live less than 5 miles from MMAC. Getting a new apartment currently and just wanted to know if I will need to make an Only Fans as well to help pay for rent since pay in academy is low. I also may just work the corners of Macarthur

Is there a standard time frame? Like they give you one 30 days from the offer or something like that?
I was living overseas when I got a date that was only 3 weeks away. I explained my situation and they asked me when I would like to show up and I got what I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom