ACK Affordability Allowance

Dewy7515

Has anyone else seen this? Looks like a new MOU for ACK regarding the housing situation in the island.

Attatched

Attachments

• ACK Affordability Allowance MOU.pdf
    203.7 KB · Views: 321
  • ACK Affordability Calculator.jpeg
    ACK Affordability Calculator.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 486
Unpopular fact here, none of those other places listed come close to the issue related to Nantucket. It is impossible to commute to Nantucket because of ferry schedules, exorbitant price of ferry/ airplane shuttle cost, and weather. Every other place listed above has the ability to commute an hour and afford a rent or even buy a home in many cases, without that housing cost exceeding 30% of gross pay.

Hop on Zillow and see for yourself.

Unpopular fact here, none of those other places listed come close to the issue related to Nantucket. It is impossible to commute to Nantucket because of ferry schedules, exorbitant price of ferry/ airplane shuttle cost, and weather. Every other place listed above has the ability to commute an hour and afford a rent or even buy a home in many cases, without that housing cost exceeding 30% of gross pay.

This is a very good point that I overlooked.

I saw a 2 bedroom condo for 975k.

Totally affordable with all the new money. /s

You could pay Nantucket at pay chart max and people still couldn’t buy a house or even a condo during their career on the island.

The only difference is people might consider it for their high three then.

It would be an interesting proposition. Probably generate a lot of interest. Maybe make it a 4 year bid to ensure at least 3 of them would be spent as CPC due to the seasonal volume.

Thoughts?

I saw a 2 bedroom condo for 975k.

Totally affordable with all the new money. /s

You could pay Nantucket at pay chart max and people still couldn’t buy a house or even a condo during their career on the island.

The only difference is people might consider it for their high three then.

It would be an interesting proposition. Probably generate a lot of interest. Maybe make it a 4 year bid to ensure at least 3 of them would be spent as CPC due to the seasonal volume.
This special allowance MOU won’t factor into high three lol.

But yeah, those prices are nuts, lowest rent I saw was 10K a month. I’m sure there are cheaper places on the hidden market but probably things like a studio apartment in the upstairs or a garage. Even with the 3K allowance I don’t know what you can find there.

But yeah, those prices are nuts, lowest rent I saw was 10K a month. I’m sure there are cheaper places on the hidden market but probably things like a studio apartment in the upstairs or a garage. Even with the 3K allowance I don’t know what you can find there.
It’s not a 3k allowance.

I’m saying change it to no allowance but you are instantly at the cap. I mean a lot of people bid n90 at the end of their career from lower level facilities to get their high three.

Put ACK in the same spot with some strings attached.

Don’t for in

do you think driving an hour away from Napa is affordable? Lol. Also 120k still isn’t enough there.

Don’t for in

do you think driving an hour away from Napa is affordable? Lol. Also 120k still isn’t enough there.
Currently 12 rentals available in Napa on Zillow for under 2k a month, never mind the surrounding area up to an hour away, plus the rest of the market not listed on Zillow….

You can’t be that gullible. Read the description, it’s your home for 3 whole weeks!

A 2nd home in Wine Country that provides 5 star luxury w/o worry. An undivided, deeded interest (fractional ownership) in the 17 Orchard Cottages at the dog friendly Carneros Resort. Share guarantees 3 week/year+ unlimited space available/getaway reservations (as available).
Ok, yep didn’t read the description but this one is 23 minutes away from the airport….

900 Southampton Rd APT 32, Benicia, CA 94510 | MLS #323040569 | Zillow1691897496510.png

Back
Top Bottom