ACK Affordability Allowance

So not to beat a dead horse, but curious if this could happen for the facilities in HI (HCF, ITO, OGG). Our locality has continued to fall below cheaper COL areas on the mainland; while our COLA quietly decreases. COL keeps skyrocketing out here, and 30%(or more) of your gross pay as a CPC goes to just a place to live. There is no shortage of renters and unfortunately the Lahaina fires continue to impact all the islands. I don't know how our next AG will make ends meet if they are not living with family.

Price of paradise as they say, but I'll live in a tent at the tower if that's what it takes!

Correct and the average jobs in HI are service/tourism. Same problem as ACK. STT is likely in the same boat since losing FAA housing. Not sure what goes on at ZUA for housing/COLA.

Correct and the average jobs in HI are service/tourism. Same problem as ACK. STT is likely in the same boat since losing FAA housing. Not sure what goes on at ZUA for housing/COLA.
They used to be allowed to get on base housing which, although not the best was at least cheaper than elsewhere off base. From what I’ve heard that’s gone away, and now you’ll pay a lot for something built in the aftermath of World War Two out of concrete blocks

Back
Top Bottom