Advice on moving for academy with family.

becampbell

Lurker
I have a class date for March 2020 and plan on being at 22 Modern Living. My wife and I have been talking about her and the kids (ages 5 and 7) going with me to OKC for the time I'll be at the academy. Has anyone here who went with their family and stayed at that hotel and would recommend it? Because we have some concerns such as where the children will go to finish their school year. What the protocol is to even enroll a child to a school in Oklahoma if you're not an Oklahoma resident. If the hotel will charge us more per day, and if so how much? What day to day life is like with a family. Any advice would be welcome.

I have a class date for March 2020 and plan on being at 22 Modern Living. My wife and I have been talking about her and the kids (ages 5 and 7) going with me to OKC for the time I'll be at the academy. Has anyone here who went with their family and stayed at that hotel and would recommend it? Because we have some concerns such as where the children will go to finish their school year. What the protocol is to even enroll a child to a school in Oklahoma if you're not an Oklahoma resident. If the hotel will charge us more per day, and if so how much? What day to day life is like with a family. Any advice would be welcome.

A coworker of mine took their family with them to OKC and did just fine. I wish I would've brought mine instead of being half a country away. It would've alleviated a lot of stress. I would recommend staying at Kim's Place instead of a hotel however. You'll get an actual house (duplex) to yourselves.

I would not recommend it. Your focus should be on passing, not trying to enroll your kids in school, their homework, nighttime routine and all the work 2 kids entail, also why make them move, then move again after just 4 months...With that being said, definitely look into Kim’s Place if you’re going to bring family.

If you can possibly avoid it, I wouldn't. You gotta do what you gotta do though

Back
Top Bottom