Age for Prior experience bid

showtime

Trusted Contributor
What is the age limit for a Prior Experience Bid? I know they mention 35 years old. But can you be older if your original FAA hire age was 29 years old? Currently 38 years old.

What is the age limit for a Prior Experience Bid? I know they mention 35 years old. But can you be older if your original FAA hire age was 29 years old? Currently 38 years old.
do you meet all the other requirements? Most previous experience bids require as below -

THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR CANDIDATES WHO HAVE MAINTAINED AT LEAST 52 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS OF AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL EXPERIENCE INVOLVING THE FULL-TIME ACTIVE SEPARATION OF AIR TRAFFIC AFTER RECEIPT OF AN ATC CERTIFICATION OR FACILITY RATING WITHIN 5 YEARS OF APPLICATION WHILE SERVING AT:
  • a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) air traffic control facility; OR
  • a civilian or military air traffic control facility of the Department of Defense, including National Guard facilities; OR
  • a tower operating under contract with the FAA under section 47124
From what I've seen you age is locked in when you are appointed to a 2152 gig and have an SF50 to prove it, but that does not satisfy the above requirement. If you washed out 9 years ago without a CTO or approach ticket you would not qualify because of the above.

My timeline:
Hired at age 29. Fully Certified at a FAA Enroute center more than 52 weeks. Left the agency at age 36. Can I reapply at age 38 to a prior experience bid? Or, am I aged out?

Back
Top Bottom