Air Traffic Control Supervisor Terminal/RADAR

Yeah. That was my fear (not that it matters) but if it maths up, they're probably close to 110 a year then.
Also, that was $130k scheduled 60s. No OT pay. Just $130k for 3,120 hours of work lol I was making that working the same schedule at HWO while not getting shot at lol but I can’t imagine they’re still paying the big bucks. I always viewed it as a segway to the FAA after separating. Good tax advantage and stack some coin before joining the workforce while not paying for rent or a car note.

Also, that was $130k scheduled 60s. No OT pay. Just $130k for 3,120 hours of work lol I was making that working the same schedule at HWO while not getting shot at lol but I can’t imagine they’re still paying the big bucks. I always viewed it as a segway to the FAA after separating. Good tax advantage and stack some coin before joining the workforce while not paying for rent or a car note.
At this point bethel is a better opportunity. More pay, but no tax break.

I’ve gotta imagine it’s pretty hard to fill these Middle East spots. Curious, what is the contract time like and how much do they pay?
It’s not difficult, especially when there’s a lot of single folks out there with no pets, hate their families, and want money.

(I used to be one of those when I worked in Bagram)

Al Asad is supposedly the largest US base in Iraq. No way they allow Iraqi controllers to control US jets. Even in Europe USAF controllers typically control US aircraft or are there to step in if local nationals aren't doing what we want.
Not super accurate, I was at Baghdad International 2018/19 and the approach/center/tower is mostly Iraqis that control the US jets. Also I'm currently DoD in Germany, we have a crew of only German LN's with no US DoD controllers on that crew so they are running everything on their shift. Tower chief is a DoD guy but training manager is even an LN

Back
Top Bottom