Any word on when OKC classes will resume?

I mean the rumor that I'm contesting is that those who do NOT take online basics will go to the academy first...so even if we took basics online, they'll get to their facility before the online guys do. I wish I could see that on paper, it makes no sense to me whatsoever.
When I chose to wait, my HR rep also said that getting us to the Academy was a priority, and we'd be the first to go when it reopened. They called to give me the option, gave me some info and told me to think about it. When I called back with my answer, they reiterated that waiting made us a priority. But it also seems like info varies from rep to rep.

Are they paying the people who decided to wait?

When I chose to wait, my HR rep also said that getting us to the Academy was a priority, and we'd be the first to go when it reopened. They called to give me the option, gave me some info and told me to think about it. When I called back with my answer, they reiterated that waiting made us a priority. But it also seems like info varies from rep to rep.
I'm surprised no one has said this...... But just an outsider looking in. Priority for *basics*. The people who have basics already or waived it I assume would get streamlined in front of people who do not. Scheduling people who need less time at the academy makes more sense than scheduling someone who needs more instruction. Granted it's speculation, and the faa do what the faa does.

So basics is about a month long. I would guess they mean people will go to basics right away “priority” and then will be joined by the people who have already done the online version when they get into the tower simulator/application portion of training across the street. So the people who wait may get to the academy before you, but won’t actually be getting priority.

Are they paying the people who decided to wait?
I’m not sure, but I highly doubt they will be getting paid.

Priority to start in-person Basics. My guess is there will be priority to those that do online basic to start in-person Tower/EnRoute training before the OKC basic classes makes it to that part.
That makes total sense and I’m a dummy for not thinking of it that way lol. I believe you are correct. That makes the most sense

I asked HR that exact question and she said if that were to happen it would probably be for future hiring bids like the 2020 and later bids. People who have passed and completed everything on the CIL and are simply waiting on a class date will not be affected. She said that they have been told that those who wait and those who onboard must be treated equally and infact preference will be given to those who wait as far as placing them in the academy.

I would take any information from an Academy HR person with a grain of salt. Having a TOL means nothing other than you’ve been selected. If there are budget cuts, I guarantee you they’re going to halt upcoming Academy classes and send people who haven’t been on boarded yet to the curb before they start furloughing or laying off people who have started as employees.

I would take any information from an Academy HR person with a grain of salt. Having a TOL means nothing other than you’ve been selected. If there are budget cuts, I guarantee you they’re going to halt upcoming Academy classes and send people who haven’t been on boarded yet to the curb before they start furloughing or laying off people who have started as employees.
What he said. HR really doesn’t know shit. You would think they should, but even as a ten year employee inquiring about transfers and whatnot they are often clueless. People on the boards here have had far better information than HR.

Coworker of mine had her TOL rescinded after last year's shut down. She had already completed everything and was waiting for a list.

highly suspect something else was going on here. The shutdown in and of itself would've given no reason to pull TOLs. Suspected she's fibbing or didn't pass a clearance.

If when there are any budget cuts to the FAA come Oct, a hiring freeze will absolutely be at the top of the list.

FTFY.

No one is getting free money.

I dunno... seems to me a lot of trainees are sitting at home sucking their thumbs since March and getting paid...

Back
Top Bottom