Are you working six-day weeks?

Yes. Facility has been on them for 4+ years, I got here 3 years ago. I work myself to death but freaking love the money vs my old L5 facilities,(and TBH, working a mid-level tower is barely "work").

Will be happy if it keeps like this for another 3-4 years, after which I anticipate I'll need at least half my weekends.

FightingIrish2012 you must work at a country club level 4. sounds like more ppl than you theorized are in really miserable situations. Time to reassess your assumptions and make course corrections. Asked and answered!

Molly Bernard Im So Sorry GIF by TV Land

FightingIrish2012 you must work at a country club level 4. sounds like more ppl than you theorized are in really miserable situations. Time to reassess your assumptions and make course corrections. Asked and answered!

Molly Bernard Im So Sorry GIF by TV Land
Laugh if you want, my level four is a country club, why would anyone risk leaving it, we just voted to use tower fund money to buy the new Call of Duty, we have it pre-order, plus this one guy barbecues every third Saturday for us!

Laugh if you want, my level four is a country club, why would anyone risk leaving it, we just voted to use tower fund money to buy the new Call of Duty, we have it pre-order, plus this one guy barbecues every third Saturday for us!
I sometimes dream about returning to mine. Probably be on 4 10s, weekends, get whatever leave I want, hour on hour off.

Will future me be mad that I wore myself out with long commutes and 6 day workweeks, or would he be mad if I traded a higher pension and a few hundred gs over my career to live on easy street?

Also, can we all really afford to be capped with inflation the way its been going?

These numbers are from WMT, so they count PP23:
"Yes" List is all between 250-350 (~20)
"No" List is all bewteen 200-250 (~17)

Obviously, being in a building with different areas, it'll be area dependent. A second area has more (75%) Yes-list, so their Yes-list has fewer hours than our No-list. On the flip side, a third area is 75% No-list, so some of their No-list has more hours than our Yes-list. At this point our No-list is starting to get 2-day weekends again, which we haven't had since May. For now none of it is "mandatory."

Lets not forget that even with OT assigned (and the available list non-existent) we can't staff to guides, and thats before people start calling out, covid hits, having to unexpectedly staff CICs, or training/details.

Last edited:
We've been on 6 day weeks since 2019. 5 of the 6 areas work OT, one area doesn't due to their good staffing. RN the highest in my area has 340 hrs. The no listers have around 170.

It looks like, at least in my area that OT will finally be tapering down next year due to anticipating our trainees finishing up training

My center has 5 of 6 areas on mandatory 6 day work weeks. It’s been that way since traffic picked up after covid. Even before covid half the areas were working 6 days a week.
Aren't you at ZLA? I thought all areas were on mandatory OT by now

I should add that while I’m scheduled to work overtime every week I try to average half of them. Just not worth the money. At some point it’s not worth it and I value time off far more than holiday pay, sunday pay or OT. Keep it and let me go home lol.

Every controller in every area at my Z is on 6 day weeks, including no list people. And they’ve started sending out sick leave letters if you miss more than one scheduled OT in a month.

Where will u go when they contract u out?

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Time off is super underrated, it’s why I’m taking 4x10 shifts next year
Being at work for 10 hours (before you even factor in a commute) every damn shift seems like complete ass. Feel as though the 3-day weekend won't feel long enough.

Back
Top Bottom