Are you working six-day weeks?

If you really want to be technical, you can work more than 10 hours a day, but the overage can’t be related to operational duties.
Not entirely true either. I have worked as much as 30 hours consecutive during a snow event. They can and will exceed 10 hours of operational work when necessary.

man. Natca sure has allowed for shit working conditions over the years. 4 plus years for one guy of 6 day work weeks. How does natca book their Vegas seminars knowing this is going on across the nation.

(Most likely with a glass of champagne and a finger up their ass)

man. Natca sure has allowed for shit working conditions over the years. 4 plus years for one guy of 6 day work weeks. How does natca book their Vegas seminars knowing this is going on across the nation.

They just made an additional Vegas conference

First knuckle is just good clean fun.

What I’ve been told, by someone in our local leadership, is that “the union likes OT, and the higher the OT numbers, the better.” I wasn’t told why.

Realistically I don’t think they give a flying crap that there are facilities that have been 6-day weeks for years with no forseeable end in sight.

What I’ve been told, by someone in our local leadership, is that “the union likes OT, and the higher the OT numbers, the better.” I wasn’t told why.

Realistically I don’t think they give a flying crap that there are facilities that have been 6-day weeks for years with no forseeable end in sight.
I think the union and many controllers do “like the OT”, especially since in many cases it’s optional. In the places where it is truly not optional and there are true 6 days weeks, those controllers are raking it in, but might burn out, but probably won’t until after they retire. For how many years or decades has N90 been “on the verge of collapse “. It never collapsed.

I think the union and many controllers do “like the OT”, especially since in many cases it’s optional. In the places where it is truly not optional and there are true 6 days weeks, those controllers are raking it in, but might burn out, but probably won’t until after they retire. For how many years or decades has N90 been “on the verge of collapse “. It never collapsed.
I mean when you have 3 ex wives/ 2 recreational vehicles/ and 2-3 mortgages, you depend on OT to survive, resting safe in the bosoms of your fellow controllers who are in the same predicaments burdened by misery.

Dunno about "legally." The 6 days/10 hours thing comes from the 7210.3 so that's a simple policy change, not even regulation with a public comment period—they could put out a notice changing it tomorrow if they wanted to. Unless there is a law somewhere that I don't know about.
14 CFR § 65.47

I love air traffic controllers because they will not know a rule and think that it means that it doesn't exist.

I think it's because they try to make it seem like our staffing numbers will be cut if we ever lower OT usage. I'm sure NATCA wants to use all the OT as an argument that staffing numbers need increasing as well since that means more money for the union.

I really like the idea I've seen floated around a few times that OT should increase after certain points. ie: 50-100 hours it goes up to 2x, 100-200hours 3x, etc etc. Or some variation. Might get the staffing problem fixed sooner... or get us all paid a lot more.

I think it's because they try to make it seem like our staffing numbers will be cut if we ever lower OT usage. I'm sure NATCA wants to use all the OT as an argument that staffing numbers need increasing as well since that means more money for the union.
What then is the union going to claim when Mgmt want to reduce our staffing because even with OT we’re working with 7-8 regularly (guides at 12), and CIC-ing?

I really like the idea I've seen floated around a few times that OT should increase after certain points. ie: 50-100 hours it goes up to 2x, 100-200hours 3x, etc etc. Or some variation. Might get the staffing problem fixed sooner... or get us all paid a lot more.
I’ve asked around with the following values and controllers seem to be on board, if not wanting a larger/earlier multiplier:

up to 80: 1.5x
81-160: 2x
161-240: 3x
241-320: 4x

and so forth in multiples of 80. It would be hours worked, not assigned. Another idea I’ve heard is that in some goverment jobs (state/local) OT factors into retirement pay too.

What then is the union going to claim when Mgmt want to reduce our staffing because even with OT we’re working with 7-8 regularly (guides at 12), and CIC-ing?

I’ve asked around with the following values and controllers seem to be on board, if not wanting a larger/earlier multiplier:

up to 80: 1.5x
81-160: 2x
161-240: 3x
241-320: 4x

and so forth in multiples of 80. It would be hours worked, not assigned. Another idea I’ve heard is that in some goverment jobs (state/local) OT factors into retirement pay too.
Lol we have a girl with 600+ hours

Is this increased multiplier more, less, or equally likely than backdated Hazard Pay for a Pandemic? (I mean now that the prez declared it over a few days ago, we have a metric for how long we should get the Haz pay for)

Is this increased multiplier more, less, or equally likely than backdated Hazard Pay for a Pandemic? (I mean now that the prez declared it over a few days ago, we have a metric for how long we should get the Haz pay for)
Lol, it is equally likely as hazard pay, 0%. “The contract is simply as good as it can ever get, it would be too big of an insult to try to get more”.

For how many years or decades has N90 been “on the verge of collapse “. It never collapsed.

Wow you actually ever believed that propaganda? SMH

6ug8e9.jpg

One thing is for certain. Neither the faa nor the union cares about burnout, divorce, depression or safety. If they did they would take this staffing situation more seriously. They do care, however, that you do your fire extinguisher elms by September 31.

the fat cats don't work 60 hours a week, the death schedules, or deal w the toxic mess on the floor. all of the big boys come from Core 30 Ivory Towers and spend their days on Zoom or flying around the country hosting circle jerks spending your money on "free" drinks and pep rallies about upping your PAC. Any dissent that trickles up is met w anger and contempt. know your role, PLEB!

p.s. no one is depressed in ATC. that would be illegal! Its 15,000 well adjusted alphas. The mods shouldnt even allow you to type that disinformation. When i read it i only heard the Charlie brown wah-wah-wah-wah.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom