Are you working six-day weeks?

Being at work for 10 hours (before you even factor in a commute) every damn shift seems like complete ass. Feel as though the 3-day weekend won't feel long enough.
Thankfully I can leave for work fifteen minutes before my shift and pull into the gate on time. A whole extra day opens up a lot more opportunity to drive places to do things

We don’t have it so bad compared to some of our other brothers in other non college jobs. I got an electrician buddy and he’s always leaving his house at 3-5 am because he’s required to be on the job site by like 7. The problem is the job sites move and can be 3-4 hours away.

Granted we ain’t these work from home scammers that make 200k doing nothing

Right now, if you are on the yes list then mostly six day workweeks. No list generally means one every other month.

Shit has always ebbed and flowed here. I've had years with six day work weeks and guaranteed call-in on your swings (at least) and I've had years where you can get a whole day of spot leave routinely.

My problem has always been the fact that the bargaining unit will cry for OT and then will burnout and complain about it by fall.

Right now, if you are on the yes list then mostly six day workweeks. No list generally means one every other month.

Shit has always ebbed and flowed here. I've had years with six day work weeks and guaranteed call-in on your swings (at least) and I've had years where you can get a whole day of spot leave routinely.

My problem has always been the fact that the bargaining unit will cry for OT and then will burnout and complain about it by fall.
We had the opposite lol

I'm curious about this, I don't think it's nearly as widespread as many people think. On these threads I always hear people mention "six-day weeks", people on the NATCA FB page would complain about them (until NATCA banned all commenting), people waiting to go to the academy talk about it like it's a universal work condition, and it is a post-COVID stereotype, but I wonder how many facilities are really on scheduled six-day weeks? I bet it is only 10% of facilities or so. I had decent amounts of OT this year but nothing close to mandatory six-day weeks. I think that is the actual case in most facilities with mandatory OT each week or pay period being rare.

So don't quote where you are at obviously, but are you on six-day work weeks?
It amazes me that a lot of you guys are on mandatory six day work weeks and yet the FAA has folks with TOL’s like myself sitting and waiting for 2+ years to get an academy date…at this rate I have to imagine the FAA is going to mando 7 day work weeks in the near future.

It amazes me that a lot of you guys are on mandatory six day work weeks and yet the FAA has folks with TOL’s like myself sitting and waiting for 2+ years to get an academy date…at this rate I have to imagine the FAA is going to mando 7 day work weeks in the near future.

Can’t legally work more than 6 days a week or 10 hours a day outside of catastrophic weather events

Until they change the law bc it’s a national emergency or some shit
Is there talk of changing up the hiring process to get trainees to the academy quicker? Or are they just planning on keeping the status quo until you guys all retire/burn out?

Is there talk of changing up the hiring process to get trainees to the academy quicker? Or are they just planning on keeping the status quo until you guys all retire/burn out?
Not that I’m aware of and I wouldn’t count on it. According to that manager in Hawaii we just need all the trainees in the system to certify and staffing will be all ?

Can’t legally work more than 6 days a week or 10 hours a day outside of catastrophic weather events
Dunno about "legally." The 6 days/10 hours thing comes from the 7210.3 so that's a simple policy change, not even regulation with a public comment period—they could put out a notice changing it tomorrow if they wanted to. Unless there is a law somewhere that I don't know about.

Where I work this is what our ot totals look like rn.
No listers ytd hours: 208-488
Yes listers ytd hours: 210-540

Back
Top Bottom