Article 4, Section 4 question

Quest

Two questions about A4S4. Firstly, it reads “the agency will provide priority consideration to the bargaining unit employee for in-grade/downgrade reassignment”. My spouse and I are both CPCs at a level 11, and I’m considering bidding a job at a level 12. Is facility pay level synonymous with grade? And therefore would this article be null and void? And secondly, how exactly does the article work? Do they just get put at the top of the manager ranking list on the next ncept? Or do they get moved even if the ncept doesn’t “allow” for it with gains/losses?

Two questions about A4S4. Firstly, it reads “the agency will provide priority consideration to the bargaining unit employee for in-grade/downgrade reassignment”. My spouse and I are both CPCs at a level 11, and I’m considering bidding a job at a level 12. Is facility pay level synonymous with grade? And therefore would this article be null and void? And secondly, how exactly does the article work? Do they just get put at the top of the manager ranking list on the next ncept? Or do they get moved even if the ncept doesn’t “allow” for it with gains/losses?
Ingrade/downgrade here means 11 or below. Priority consideration means top of managers ranking list. It doesn’t work for both simultaneously however. So you can’t just file A4 and have it place you both at the top. If only one of you gets selected on NCEPT then the spouse can file A4 on a future panel. A4 does not circumvent the National Release Policy so you can’t use it to leave a red building and you can’t use it get selected at a facility that isnt granted selections.

Ingrade/downgrade here means 11 or below. Priority consideration means top of managers ranking list. It doesn’t work for both simultaneously however. So you can’t just file A4 and have it place you both at the top. If only one of you gets selected on NCEPT then the spouse can file A4 on a future panel. A4 does not circumvent the National Release Policy so you can’t use it to leave a red building and you can’t use it get selected at a facility that isnt granted selections.
Unless there are kids involved. Cause I know of a couple In TPA where 1 spouse left and the other spouse filed A4 and got approved right away

Let’s revive this thread and pose a new question…

The article essentially states that the A4S4 spouse gets priority during NCEPT but the agency can fill other vacancies with other means of placement (academy/prior exp/NEST). So you still need the stars to align with staffing.

In general, does priority placement work both ways for receiving and losing facility? If it’s only on the gain, potentially the current facility could lose one in NCEPT before the A4S4 employee’s ERR is reached, possibly resulting in a non-release status.

Additional, how does one go about filing this paperwork? It’s an obscure section of the contract for sure

Back
Top Bottom