ATSA Compilation

Just curious, will they let me take the test early if I get there before the scheduled time?

That aside...hope it's not too crowded when I go to take the test.

Just curious, will they let me take the test early if I get there before the scheduled time?

Negative. When I went they made it a big deal that we all showed up early because they can’t start until everyone scheduled for the test is there. If you’re ALL early, they might let you all start early. But if it’s just you you’re gonna wait around at least until the scheduled time

Yup, at my place the email said "We won't let you in at all unless you're in the building half an hour before the start time!" and then the PSI people looked at us all funny when we got there 45min before. They didn't open the door until half-hour.

4 and under yes. btw while youre at it, can you count how many parts you did in the differences section. i have a feeling that they also test you on how fast you can do it as well. i did around 5 parts of that while many others did more (maybe because they did it faster?). can you also read the directions in that section to see if they say its timed? thanks!

I took 8 just so you know.

Word around town is that testing is over as of yesterday (friend of mine was trying to get rescheduled and they wouldn’t give him a testing date because testing is closed). Can anyone confirm or deny this? (Like is anyone scheduled/rescheduled between now and the 30th?)

Word around town is that testing is over as of yesterday (friend of mine was trying to get rescheduled and they wouldn’t give him a testing date because testing is closed). Can anyone confirm or deny this? (Like is anyone scheduled/rescheduled between now and the 30th?)
I saw somwhere (here, reddit or stuckmic) that someone talked to HR and HR said the last date was 11/22. I would just pretend the last day is the end of November. I have been super anxious about getting results and am just now feeling comfortable being surprised by the results.

It doesn’t help much to try to get this process done quicker. Hurry up and wait. You have to just take what you can get as far as how crowded a room is.

Does anyone know if the personality survey part of the exam is part of the grading?
I do not believe anyone outside of HR knows how the exam is graded and they are not allowed to communicate that information.

I just checked usajobs. It says I have been referred. Now I wait another month to see if I get a letter, right?
Could be 2 months no one knows, unfortunately.

anyone know how to get better at the Word Problems section? I feel this part was the most difficult

Actually that’s probably the section that would be the easiest to study for and actually improve upon. Look for study material for the LSAT logical reasoning questions - the questions on the ATSA are very similar to those on the LSAT, and there are tons of books and online study guides dedicated to that.

I've been doing the ATCPrep and I'm only struggling badly at the equations part, not my strong suit holding all that in memory and working out the math concurrently. Anyone else have troubles with this on the ATSA? I'm hoping if I bomb this on the test and do well on everything else I can walk away with a fighting chance.

I've been doing the ATCPrep and I'm only struggling badly at the equations part, not my strong suit holding all that in memory and working out the math concurrently. Anyone else have troubles with this on the ATSA? I'm hoping if I bomb this on the test and do well on everything else I can walk away with a fighting chance.
The equations on the collisions part?

No, the equations at the part where they assign numbers to variables. Like A=1+C, C=3, B=A/ C. What is A,B,C. Or something to that effect.

No, the equations at the part where they assign numbers to variables. Like A=1+C, C=3, B=A/ C. What is A,B,C. Or something to that effect.
Ah, no one knows how they weigh each section, so we can’t say for sure that if you bomb one section and do well on the others, you’ll be selected. I’d definitely say to practice to an extent where you can grab the easy equations at least. Try a few ways of thinking about it to start so you can eventually do it all in your head, writing it down, using your hands to hold up fingers representing the numbers, whispering to yourself, “A = 4, A= 4, A = 4,” etc. Get creative. Find a way that works for you, but don’t give up on it.

Has anyone had any success with getting ATCPrep to work on a MacBook? I spoke with the company and they said that the compatibility should be out by the end of the year but I do want to start playing around with it now before the ATSA invites come out. Wasn't sure if someone had a free workaround before I go out and spend $200 on a 2n1 Windows computer lol.

Has anyone had any success with getting ATCPrep to work on a MacBook? I spoke with the company and they said that the compatibility should be out by the end of the year but I do want to start playing around with it now before the ATSA invites come out. Wasn't sure if someone had a free workaround before I go out and spend $200 on a 2n1 Windows computer lol.

I had no problem when I used it. There is a program called Bootcamp that lets you run Windows on Mac by allocating however much RAM you want to it. I’ve never done that though

On the collision and math portion of the ATCPrep application I encounter situations where there are no collisions and all dots fly off screen safely but it will report that I missed one. This happens even when the dots would not conceivably run into each other off screen.

Am I missing something or is this normal/does anyone else run into this issue?

Back
Top Bottom