C90 Bid - AGL-AT-22-0073-76612

DeltaBravo

FAA
Facility
SAN San Diego Tower
I’ve had a few bidders ask questions about where to live so I’ll just post this to share with everyone….
My wife and I chose to live in Geneva which is about 15 minutes south of the TRACON. They have very good schools and it is a really nice downtown area, which is why we initially moved there before we had kids. St. Charles which is the town between Geneva and the TRACON also has a very good school district and downtown area. In my opinion one of the best things about the Chicagoland suburbs is that they are all a little different and have some character. There are some closer to the city with a bit of a city feel, or if you want to live out west you can have a little more land and have that country living feel. Algonquin, Naperville and Wheaton also jump out at me as good areas relatively close to the TRACON with good reputations for schools and a nice downtown area. Honorable mention...we lived in Bartlett when we first moved here which was nice with good schools but a little sleepy for our tastes.
Bidders are already asking where to live?! Can I just get selected first? I guess it’s nice to think about.

Bidders are already asking where to live?! Can I just get selected first? I guess it’s nice to think about.
I think they are just trying to give some advance information for people who may be selected soon. Assuming they get the selections done in the near future, people will have the option to get here quick with the priority release. I think I had about a month and a half release. The rumor is that we are pushing to give almost everyone with radar experience a shot. Whether that happens or not, remains to be seen. We are all looking forward to the continued arrivals of new CPC-IT’s. Good luck to you.

I think they are just trying to give some advance information for people who may be selected soon. Assuming they get the selections done in the near future, people will have the option to get here quick with the priority release. I think I had about a month and a half release. The rumor is that we are pushing to give almost everyone with radar experience a shot. Whether that happens or not, remains to be seen. We are all looking forward to the continued arrivals of new CPC-IT’s. Good luck to you.
Thanks! And good luck to everyone.

God I hope they’re still picking up from the direct hire. I’ve been doing atc for over 10
Years but after 5 years I’m still stuck ICT. At this point I’m ready to busy out my
Knee pads

Hopefully this week is the week. Has anyone received an offer yet?
I’m not getting a sense it’ll be this week. Does anyone else feel even if the ATM has made decisions by this point, HR will likely take ages to issue offers? Am I being too pragmatic?

I’m not getting a sense it’ll be this week. Does anyone else feel even if the ATM has made decisions by this point, HR will likely take ages to issue offers? Am I being too pragmatic?
The government moves slowly but then expects you to be ready to go.... Plan on being notified and then things will move quickly once you get your offer. The waiting is the worst part.

Whoever the HR is for this bid is sure is taking their sweet ass time going over applications

I emailed HR on 4/6 and was told "tentative offers will be extended once selections have been approved by the Service Area.”
I think selections have been made at this point? Now it’s the HR waiting game.

Whoever the HR is for this bid is sure is taking their sweet ass time going over applications
I feel like HR is a slow moving machine in every region. Such a pain!

I feel like I’m being gaslit into wanting to apply here based on the posts in this thread. Talk me out of it.
It’s working!! Ha. So the bad things….

-You won’t get spot leave more than a couple hours here or there.
-you work hard and in the summer most breaks are 30 min(day goes by fast)
-TRACON temperature can be a little warm
-carpet in TRACON is duct taped down
-break room fridge door doesn’t stay closed
-cafeteria tables are dirty and salty
-you’ll just miss making $300k if you work all the OT. ?
-blankets are forbidden
-chairs squeak
-not enough CICs
-you are only allowed one locker now.
-only 3 tvs in break room
-OM consolidates donuts with bare hands
-fire drills are real sometimes
-TRACON bathroom toilet paper is supercooled (can be a plus after Mexican night)
-OT is only called if moon is obscured
-management monitors road conditions very closely during snow events
-mandatory OT
happy peter griffin GIF by Family Guy

Back
Top Bottom