Category question

SugarFoot1

Trusted Contributor
This may be a dumb question but does CAT 1 or 2 mean they are over the national average? Are you not able to ERR to those locations?

This may be a dumb question but does CAT 1 or 2 mean they are over the national average? Are you not able to ERR to those locations?
Sort of. The categories are based on actual and projected staffing percentages. Cat 2 uses the avg as it reference point, and they are not staffing facilities above the avg, so those items coincide. So yes, no ERR to those facs.

Yeah, Cat 2 is above/forecasted to be above national average. Cat 1 is above 90%/forecasted above 90%.

I think the last two panels have did not let anyone ERR to Cat 1/2 facilities. I believe they may be allowing ERRs to level 7 & below Cat 1/2 facilities (something was mentioned in the meeting minutes about allowing overstaffing at lower level facilities) for the next panel. I haven't seen anything concrete though.

Ok just trying to make some sense of it all and my list. My 2 ranked spot is project at 79% and is the second lowest staffed out of 18 on my list. My buddy chose Long Beach as his first choice and got it but it was staffed at 90% while his other 7 choices were below 75% mostly. Of course im looking at the projected number

I think the last two panels have did not let anyone ERR to Cat 1/2 facilities. I believe they may be allowing ERRs to level 7 & below Cat 1/2 facilities (something was mentioned in the meeting minutes about allowing overstaffing at lower level facilities) for the next panel. I haven't seen anything concrete though.

The "able to select" on the priority list comes from the number of people to get the projected number up to the national average. It's why some short staffed, high priority facilities aren't allowed to get new people.
I remember the allowing lower levels to staff higher being mentioned, but it doesn't look like it is reflected in the priority lists. Huge disappointment for all of you level 12 people looking to come to midland, I know.

The "able to select" on the priority list comes from the number of people to get the projected number up to the national average. It's why some short staffed, high priority facilities aren't allowed to get new people.
I remember the allowing lower levels to staff higher being mentioned, but it doesn't look like it is reflected in the priority lists. Huge disappointment for all of you level 12 people looking to come to midland, I know.
Holy shit a little sense was made...thanks MJ

They rank you however they want. It means virtually nothing though. Think of it as like a 4th level tie breaker.

What makes a CAT2 exempt?
A fac being cat2 but a selection taking them out of it, thus making them ineligible. Can happen to cat1 facs as well, small facilities get boned regardless of whatever staffing number they have. Another gem in the MOU crown.

A fac being cat2 but a selection taking them out of it, thus making them ineligible. Can happen to cat1 facs as well, small facilities get boned regardless of whatever staffing number they have. Another gem in the MOU crown.

This is horrible! If a FAC has a trainee or a eligible retiree, do they count towards or against the staffing?

Last edited:
This is horrible! If a FAC has a trainee or a eligible retiree, do they count towards or against the staffing?

DEV/CPC-ITs count towards the projected staffing. CPCs eligible to retire are also counted against the projected staffing as a future known loss. Forgot what column it's in on the PPT, but it's a "Projected Losses" column that includes retirements, deaths, etc.

So DEV/CPC-ITs/eligible to retire are taken into consideration to establish the one year staffing projection that is half of the formula for establishing Cat 1 or Cat 2 facilities.

Cat 1/2 exempt means an ERR selection at the current CPC level would cause the facility to drop below the national average.

Back
Top Bottom