CPC less than a year rehire

MrNoodle

I am about to leave the agency with less than a year CPC for a DOD 2152 job. I understand under the current CPC reinstatement guidelines I would not be eligible to be rehired under that authority, but if I chose down the road to come back to the agency would it be safe to assume I would just apply to a previous experience bid as long as I still met the requirements?

I am about to leave the agency with less than a year CPC for a DOD 2152 job. I understand under the current CPC reinstatement guidelines I would not be eligible to be rehired under that authority, but if I chose down the road to come back to the agency would it be safe to assume I would just apply to a previous experience bid as long as I still met the requirements?
You meet CPC reinstatement if you leave after day one of CPC. However the new rules are very restrictive for reinstatements, might wanna take a look at those. You always have prior experience bids on the table

The guy above is incorrect and you’re right. The changes made it a year cpc to be eligible as before it was just cpc.

The guy above is incorrect and you’re right. The changes made it a year cpc to be eligible as before it was just cpc.
My understanding is that return rights to a facility require a year but a prior experience reinstatement to the NAS at a same or lower level facility doesn’t require a set amount of time as a cpc or at least it’s waiverable.

My understanding is that return rights to a facility require a year but a prior experience reinstatement to the NAS at a same or lower level facility doesn’t require a set amount of time as a cpc or at least it’s waiverable.
The latest reinstatement sop is posted in the cpc reinstatement thread on the first post. Need 52 weeks as a cpc and separated for a year to be eligible.

I’m not sure what you mean by a prior experience cpc but as long as you have 52 weeks certified experience you can apply to a prior exp bid, after a year separation.

There is no waiver on the time. You either have 52 weeks or you don’t, for both hiring avenues.

Can you negotiate the start date for your new job to be after you complete the 52 weeks of CPC? That way you can have the options of reapplying or reinstatement down the road.

Can you negotiate the start date for your new job to be after you complete the 52 weeks of CPC? That way you can have the options of reapplying or reinstatement down the road.
unfortunately not, they are pushing to get me there as soon as possible as they are short.

The latest reinstatement sop is posted in the cpc reinstatement thread on the first post. Need 52 weeks as a cpc and separated for a year to be eligible.

I’m not sure what you mean by a prior experience cpc but as long as you have 52 weeks certified experience you can apply to a prior exp bid, after a year separation.

There is no waiver on the time. You either have 52 weeks or you don’t, for both hiring avenues.
I was separated just 4 months when I applied and have a TOL right now to get back in. Now I’m about 7 months separated

I was separated just 4 months when I applied and have a TOL right now to get back in. Now I’m about 7 months separated
I want to say I know someone who did a similar route and they only offered him his old facility but I could be misremembering. Typically in the past it’s been either the above or after a year you can get to a different location. As with all things FAA, they change on a case by case basis it seems. Be sure and update what the results are though, as I’m sure some folks would be interested.

I want to say I know someone who did a similar route and they only offered him his old facility but I could be misremembering. Typically in the past it’s been either the above or after a year you can get to a different location. As with all things FAA, they change on a case by case basis it seems. Be sure and update what the results are though, as I’m sure some folks would be interested.
For sure I’ll let you guys know. If it’s my last facility it will be turned down with haste. Anticipating an FOL sometime next month after my last step, medical is done

For sure I’ll let you guys know. If it’s my last facility it will be turned down with haste. Anticipating an FOL sometime next month after my last step, medical is done
I thought the new reinstatement process puts you in the NEST. Don't know if they require 1 year separated. But it's a new process.

The second greatest trick the devil played was giving hope to controllers that things were going to work out for them in the faa
I’m in the prior exp hiring thread and I can see the hopes and dreams and enthusiasm of people who have never been in the FAA saying they can’t wait for their dream job… I don’t have the heart to break it to them lol. Who knows tho maybe they’ll be in the perfect location at their perfect facility, but more than likely probably not and you got no choice but to be stuck. The real heartbreak happens when they find out about NCEPT

I’m in the prior exp hiring thread and I can see the hopes and dreams and enthusiasm of people who have never been in the FAA saying they can’t wait for their dream job… I don’t have the heart to break it to them lol. Who knows tho maybe they’ll be in the perfect location at their perfect facility, but more than likely probably not and you got no choice but to be stuck. The real heartbreak happens when they find out about NCEPT
Glad it wasn’t just me ha. I don’t have the heart to tell them either.

Back
Top Bottom