CPC less than a year rehire

I’m in the prior exp hiring thread and I can see the hopes and dreams and enthusiasm of people who have never been in the FAA saying they can’t wait for their dream job… I don’t have the heart to break it to them lol. Who knows tho maybe they’ll be in the perfect location at their perfect facility, but more than likely probably not and you got no choice but to be stuck. The real heartbreak happens when they find out about NCEPT
Ain’t this the truth

So if I quit the agency can I apply to the next prior experience or do I have to wait 1 year?

So if I quit the agency can I apply to the next prior experience or do I have to wait 1 year?
as long as you have 52 weeks previous experience ( as per the guidelines in the bid) you are eligible for prior experience bid, if you are a CPC you will come in on the CPC band at your new place of hire. If you quit at less than a year CPC you will not be eligible for CPC reinstatement.

You can apply, but with less than a year separation you won't get referred selected. Unless they rescinded that, but since it was never publicly documented, its hard to find out for certain.

Last edited:
You can apply, but with less than a year separation you won't get referred. Unless they rescinded that, but since it was never publicly documented, its hard to find out for certain.
I left agency in June and I’m currently in the process of last prior experience bid. Currently in the CIL process for what it’s worth.

I left agency in June and I’m currently in the process of last prior experience bid. Currently in the CIL process for what it’s worth.
Nice. Any indication of only being offered the fac you left from? Seems contrary they would loosen the restrictions on this avenue while stamping out reinstatements.

Nice. Any indication of only being offered the fac you left from? Seems contrary they would loosen the restrictions on this avenue while stamping out reinstatements.
Nope haven’t heard anything I’m surprised too but we will see

I’m currently a CPC at an understaffed facility. Been a CPC here for a couple years. If I take a DoD job and go for a year or 2 then re-apply would I get the facility I left? This wouldn’t be a bad thing.

I’m currently a CPC at an understaffed facility. Been a CPC here for a couple years. If I take a DoD job and go for a year or 2 then re-apply would I get the facility I left? This wouldn’t be a bad thing.
The new process will give you a list of facilities to rank, at or below your current facility level. Which one you will get offered is unknown.

Turns out they let you get through the entire process and then decide they are only going to offer you the facility you left from lol. That’s the true faa I know waste resources just to kick the person in the butt when they least expect it ?

Turns out they let you get through the entire process and then decide they are only going to offer you the facility you left from lol. That’s the true faa I know waste resources just to kick the person in the butt when they least expect it ?
?
at least there’s a new bid

as long as you have 52 weeks previous experience ( as per the guidelines in the bid) you are eligible for prior experience bid, if you are a CPC you will come in on the CPC band at your new place of hire. If you quit at less than a year CPC you will not be eligible for CPC reinstatement.
So basically the only benefit of being a cpc for a year is when you get back in on a prior experience bid you start at the cpc pay band? If you quit with less than 52 weeks as a cpc how will you not be able for reinstatement. What if you are prior experience already?

So basically the only benefit of being a cpc for a year is when you get back in on a prior experience bid you start at the cpc pay band? If you quit with less than 52 weeks as a cpc how will you not be able for reinstatement. What if you are prior experience already?
You should started at the cpc payband regardless. I was CPC for a week when I quit and went DOD. I was rehired in 2021 under the old reinstatement rules to a new facility. I had prior experience from the military as well.

You should started at the cpc payband regardless. I was CPC for a week when I quit and went DOD. I was rehired in 2021 under the old reinstatement rules to a new facility. I had prior experience from the military as well.
What if you just never cpc don’t get the radar just the tower?

What if you just never cpc don’t get the radar just the tower?
It wouldn’t be a CPC reinstatement because you never reached CPC. If you go back into the FAA the slate book probably states how your pay will be set.

Developmental Re-Entrants currently employed by the federal government will retain their federal pay up to the maximum of the Developmental-3 pay band.

Developmental Re-Entrants voluntarily separated for more than one (1) year or involuntarily separated, Basic Pay shall be set at the AG pay band.

Straight from the slate book.

Back
Top Bottom