Credit Requests

wikdevo

hi all,
I'm curious as to how other facilities handle credit requests. Where i'm at now the management want to hear a valid reason before they'll approve it. ie; i have training reports to finish is used most of the time.

I don't understand the reasoning for being so strict on credit i guess

hi all,
I'm curious as to how other facilities handle credit requests. Where i'm at now the management want to hear a valid reason before they'll approve it. ie; i have training reports to finish is used most of the time.

I don't understand the reasoning for being so strict on credit i guess

Hey can I come in or stay for 2 credit?

Approved.

Our policy was: approved.

Where i'm at now the management want to hear a valid reason before they'll approve it.

I can understand this though. For example, people would sign in right before the shift (meaning like 5-10 minutes) on credit hours, and build their time like that.

It really all depends on your district manager and what he has been mandating. Credit hours are suppose to be approved for 'meaningful' work. The definition of meaningful work can vary wildly from district to district. For some it's always approved. For others, even if you're going to be working position, but it places an additional body on break, it will be denied. Your management team seems to fall on the latter side. Continue to provide a reason when requesting credit, (CBI's, trainings reports, ELMS, etc.) until they get bored enough and stop caring. If they deny your credit request after you provided a 'meaningful work' answer, then you have a grievance.

Makes me wonder if you can add NCEPT into the reason as well. If your facility is one of the many that is on lock down all credit should be approved. After all staffing is apparently so bad they cant let anyone leave. If they are fine but still outside the staffing guidelines then NATCA should be getting the CPC Target reduced.

Of course that would assume NATCA would be helpful at all.

Management wants you to do meaningful work here aka work the list to get on an operational position. There's one sup, that would literally never approve my mid partner and my requests to start our mids early (30 minutes before shift with exactly 8 hours from prior shift). It was like the credit was literally coming out of his paycheck. So the one night they really "needed" us to sign in early, we walked through the tracon, were asked if we wanted to sign in for credit, we both said no, walked out to the union office, and came back at the start of our shifts. Guess who got their ass chewed out when they had to hold two people over for an extra hour each of OT versus approving 30 of credit for each of us?!? That sup retires soon, but after that event, I made it my mid routine to walk through the tracon before each mid, with handset in hand, on my way to the union office. Might sound petty but good riddance!

Back
Top Bottom