Operational Info​

Facility Level History​

Old LevelNew LevelEffective Date
10910/28/2018

External Links​

A/FD

Local Area​

External Links​

Heard through the grapevine that they officially got the word that they're being downgraded to a 9.

I heard they were going down to a 9 also, and also heard they won’t be down graded because the airport is metered. Who knows

Heard through the grapevine that they officially got the word that they're being downgraded to a 9.
It was going to happen eventually. Is CIP something that is negotiable? 3.3% seems relatively low for the D.C. area especially considering the downgrade. ADW has a higher CIP than DCA

No idea when it will officially drop to the 9, but as mentioned, it's been a long time coming at this point. They've been below their TCI (traffic count index) for over 2 years now, at least. No clue how CIP is negotiated, but ADW is also a level 5, so having a higher CIP seems warranted just to try and keep people or get them to ERR in (ha!).

No idea when it will officially drop to the 9, but as mentioned, it's been a long time coming at this point. They've been below their TCI (traffic count index) for over 2 years now, at least. No clue how CIP is negotiated, but ADW is also a level 5, so having a higher CIP seems warranted just to try and keep people or get them to ERR in (ha!).

West Coast guy here. You hear that DC is expensive but is it really that bad that level 9 pay with locality wont get the job done? Or does DCA have other issues?

West Coast guy here. You hear that DC is expensive but is it really that bad that level 9 pay with locality wont get the job done? Or does DCA have other issues?

I mean, DC is just like any other big city around the country with good/bad areas to live, crazy taxes, etc. We have plenty of guys at ADW with families that make it work, so I have no doubt level 9 pay is more than adequate. Everyone's situation is different though and just depends on the type of lifestyle you want (condo with the ability to walk or take public transport to everything you need vs house with yard etc). I've only visited DCA a couple times, but everyone seemed to get along. I've heard both sides of the coin about the facility (toxic vs great) so I can't give a definitive answer. In regards to COL though, level 9 pay with the area locality is more than adequate.

I mean, DC is just like any other big city around the country with good/bad areas to live, crazy taxes, etc. We have plenty of guys at ADW with families that make it work, so I have no doubt level 9 pay is more than adequate. Everyone's situation is different though and just depends on the type of lifestyle you want (condo with the ability to walk or take public transport to everything you need vs house with yard etc). I've only visited DCA a couple times, but everyone seemed to get along. I've heard both sides of the coin about the facility (toxic vs great) so I can't give a definitive answer. In regards to COL though, level 9 pay with the area locality is more than adequate.

Thanks for the info, guessing Dulles would be similar then.

Thanks for the info, guessing Dulles would be similar then.
Yeah and even with bwi only being an 8. You won’t be living like a king like you would with equivalent pay in a cheaper col area, but you’re definitely not hurting.

Back
Top Bottom