Debating between two facilities...

Nest SOP says the lists will include all facilities that fall below the national projected future CPC to target.
So that'd just be ANC and STL it looks like. Forget everything I said earlier.

Were you in Juneau before? You may want to see if they can offer you a lower level tower to give you the best shot at getting checked out. I wouldn’t come to STL if Juneau is your only tower experience. Not trying to be a jerk but this place surprises a lot of people due to the complexity.

Just curious what elements add to the complexity over there. The traffic count seems pretty low for an 8 and the diagram looks pretty ideal with parallels but im sure that bipolar midwest weather can make for a rediculous day. Lol

I would think 150k touch and gos a year would get old pretty damn fast mixed with some foriegn student pilots but I guess it would keep the day interesting. Lol

It’s not steady traffic. It all comes in and goes at certain times. 1 local, 1 ground. You could have arrivals to 3 runways while launching departures off 2 or 3 and hitting slots. There’s not a lot of room for ground to work with and our parallel taxiway situation sucks because c is so close to the terminal, pushbacks block it. Every place has its quirks and STL is no different. Most people who wash just think it’s gonna be cake and give up when they realize it’s not.

Back
Top Bottom