Delaying Start Date with the FAA

ChrisB.USMC

I am currently contracting overseas and want to hit my 330 day mark to get my federal income tax exemption. I received a TOL a few days before I left for contract work, so to hit my 330 I would need to return after June 20th 2020. I was able to delay my CIL and will be getting that at the end of this month and will be doing my medical and security requirements at the end of November. Does anyone have experience with negotiating the start date to later time and if so how long? based on co-workers and friends timelines, I anticipate having a list around the February time frame. This TOL is from the May prior experience bid.

I am currently contracting overseas and want to hit my 330 day mark to get my federal income tax exemption. I received a TOL a few days before I left for contract work, so to hit my 330 I would need to return after June 20th 2020. I was able to delay my CIL and will be getting that at the end of this month and will be doing my medical and security requirements at the end of November. Does anyone have experience with negotiating the start date to later time and if so how long? based on co-workers and friends timelines, I anticipate having a list around the February time frame. This TOL is from the May prior experience bid.
I received my FOL and was able to start three months after receiving it. The negotiation was fairly simple and the HR rep asked me when I could start. The only problem you might run in to is if your timeline doesn’t match up with a class date. The first week I was available to start lined up perfectly with a class date.

Stop wasting your life over in a shithole country, its not worth it. Just like they teach over there: do not look a gift horse in the mouth! It is likely to be harmful in a Karmic way. Thousands of people dying to get these jobs and be sent to some level 5 in the middle of Iowa. bad juju! (smith-shuster)

giphy.gif

Stop wasting your life over in a shithole country, its not worth it. Just like they teach over there: do not look a gift horse in the mouth! It is likely to be harmful in a Karmic way. Thousands of people dying to get these jobs and be sent to some level 5 in the middle of Iowa. bad juju! (smith-shuster)

giphy.gif
The middle of Iowa has an ATC level 7. ?

If it helps at all, I was Motor Tuh/3536 in the USMC, turned down a contract that paid a stupid amount of money in Liberia for this job and quit a middle management corporate gig as well which paid fairly good.

Both had way worse quality of life, work vs personal time, stress than this FAA gig.

If it helps at all, I was Motor Tuh/3536 in the USMC, turned down a contract that paid a stupid amount of money in Liberia for this job and quit a middle management corporate gig as well which paid fairly good.

Both had way worse quality of life, work vs personal time, stress than this FAA gig.

I got lucky and got one of the better contracts. I’m not turning down the faa, but since I’m already here I would just like to get the tax exemption. The faa has been the game plan since day one.

Back
Top Bottom