DOD training

What about vested status being I have over 5 years of federal service at this point is that affected at all? I guess a similar scenario might be if you quit the faa completely and worked as a bagger for a year and got back in would you have to reset your 5 year vested counter. I'm about to start digging through the fers manual I found online.
DOD and FAA/DOT are both under OPM, so you have the same benefits and everything transfers regardless of broken time. Vested time in FERS is good regardless of where you got it. Once you’re a 2152 and completed your probationary period, you are done with that probationary period. If you walk in the door with the DoD after leaving the FAA regardless of break in service, you don’t have to serve another probationary period (use your SF-50 as proof to your HR)

DOD and FAA/DOT are both under OPM, so you have the same benefits and everything transfers regardless of broken time. Vested time in FERS is good regardless of where you got it. Once you’re a 2152 and completed your probationary period, you are done with that probationary period. If you walk in the door with the DoD after leaving the FAA regardless of break in service, you don’t have to serve another probationary period (use your SF-50 as proof to your HR)
Alright. Just making sure there isn't any hidden tricks in the game I might be missing. No one likes getting blind sided.

What happens if you were to get a job with DoD and you couldn’t get qualified during the allotted time (basically traffic was too complex for your skill level)? Do they fire you? Would they offer easier facilities to transfer to?

What happens if you were to get a job with DoD and you couldn’t get qualified during the allotted time (basically traffic was too complex for your skill level)? Do they fire you? Would they offer easier facilities to transfer to?
Let me guess your were an AF controller now trying to check out at an Army Airfield/Stagefield? Just apply to next prior experience Bid. They should atleast give an extension.

Most cases I’ve heard of you’re asked to resign. Lame duck situations could happen where you get XX amount of days to find another spot or just resign. Never heard of a firing for DoD for running out of days. I’m sure it exists though

Let me guess your were an AF controller now trying to check out at an Army Airfield/Stagefield? Just apply to next prior experience Bid. They should atleast give an extension.
Navy controller. Just curious how DoD works in those cases because I’m already familiar what FAA and Contract towers do.

Navy controller. Just curious how DoD works in those cases because I’m already familiar what FAA and Contract towers do.
I've herd of people being offered jobs in base ops if they have one available.

Back
Top Bottom