En Route Enroute Basics 5/01/2020

I'm not quite sure yet. I'm going to be looking into that this week. I'm not going to be going out there with a car so I will be along the shuttle route somewhere. You?

Not sure either. I'm 20+ hrs away, so I wasn't going to bring a car, but I've read some posts that make it seem like living out there without one would be inconvenient. If I don't, it'll probably be Kim's.

I also got this class date, and am from the area. For me, it would be fairly difficult to live in the area without a vehicle. Just know that public transportation here is a joke so you'll be using Uber or bumming rides from classmates. I've had professors and classmates stay at Kim's and suggest it.

I also got this class date, and am from the area. For me, it would be fairly difficult to live in the area without a vehicle. Just know that public transportation here is a joke so you'll be using Uber or bumming rides from classmates. I've had professors and classmates stay at Kim's and suggest it.
I can second that. I’m not in this class date, but I live in the area as well and public transit is basically non existent. If you are staying at Kim’s there are a decent amount of restaurants you could use ubereats etc. to have deliver. I am not sure how prevalent Uber and Lyft are near Kim’s, but if I had to guess I would say there aren’t many drivers waiting for pickups in that area(don’t quote me on that). If possible I would suggest bringing your car or workout something with a fellow classmate who is bringing a car.

Thanks for the info. That's what I've been hearing. Really not looking forward to the drive though. If you're in the area, are you just going to commute to class?

Thanks for the info. That's what I've been hearing. Really not looking forward to the drive though. If you're in the area, are you just going to commute to class?
My plan is to stay at Kim's to allow for easier study groups and to decrease outside distractions. That's dependant on if/how many classmates will be staying there though.

I've read about the car-less life through academy and have seen mixed reviews. My problem is, my wife and I live in the city and only have one car (I drive maybe once a week now). So, I'm not going to be able to take the car since she'll need it here for family, errands, etc. I'll have to figure something out!

I'm willing to stay at Kim's if everyone else is, even if I'd prefer my own room lol. d-rav we might just have to mooch rides off people together lol. I wonder if people have split car rentals before, and if that would be a good idea

Btw are you guys cti or completely ots?

I'm totally willing to pitch in for gas, a meal, etc if I end up hitching rides. I make great, spicy salsa too ;).

I'm OTS. I'll look at housing this week and let you know what I'm thinking.

That's awesome.

I'm seeing Anatole as a good option with a shuttle, as well. I'll really go anywhere the majority of our class goes, though.

Btw, I'm OTS.

I'm willing to stay at Kim's if everyone else is, even if I'd prefer my own room lol.

I stayed at Kim's 3 years ago and had my own room? It was a whole house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. It was 3 girls to a house, one had the master bedroom and the other 2 girls shared the other bathroom, but we all had our own room. Has this changed?

I stayed at Kim's 3 years ago and had my own room? It was a whole house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. It was 3 girls to a house, one had the master bedroom and the other 2 girls shared the other bathroom, but we all had our own room. Has this changed?

I meant my own place, but it's now 2 people per suite instead of 3.

I meant my own place, but it's now 2 people per suite instead of 3.
Ohhhhh gotcha! Well for what it's worth, I loved Kim's but I think the best plan is try and go where most of your class will be, if possible. Study groups are essential and living close by makes it a million times easier. Don't know anything about FAA crashpad, but I know Anatole, Kim's and isola Bella are on completely different sides of town from each other and it's a pain trying to get together

I really am liking the perks of Anatole because you have your own space, and it's on the shuttle route. I'm between that and Kim's. I'm just waiting on my FOL so I have everything solid and in place.

EDIT: Sonesta ES looks good too for shuttle routes and what not. There are a lot of options and each have their different perks.

Havent looked into Sonesta too much, but doesnt seem like many people room there normally.

I really am liking the perks of Anatole because you have your own space, and it's on the shuttle route. I'm between that and Kim's. I'm just waiting on my FOL so I have everything solid and in place.

EDIT: Sonesta ES looks good too for shuttle routes and what not. There are a lot of options and each have their different perks.

Back
Top Bottom