En Route Enroute Basics 7/13/2020

Anyone else call their reps about July? I know it’s still early, but come May, I got my 60 day notice on lease if somehow this class is still scheduled. Despite what the other threads are saying as well

Anyone else call their reps about July? I know it’s still early, but come May, I got my 60 day notice on lease if somehow this class is still scheduled. Despite what the other threads are saying as well
I'm seeing something about doing Basics online. Which I guess would be the best case. I have a close relationship with my managers and they already knew when I was leaving. I'm waiting to see if I have to change that date and stay a bit longer if they allow it.

I'm seeing something about doing Basics online. Which I guess would be the best case. I have a close relationship with my managers and they already knew when I was leaving. I'm waiting to see if I have to change that date and stay a bit longer if they allow it.
I think the information about doing basics online is false. I just talked to my HR rep and she told me onboarding would be done online and maybe a few other misc things. You will be on paid leave and have a minimal amount of work, if any at all. You cannot keep your current job if you have one and be on paid leave. You have to choose one or the other.

I think the information about doing basics online is false. I just talked to my HR rep and she told me onboarding would be done online and maybe a few other misc things. You will be on paid leave and have a minimal amount of work, if any at all. You cannot keep your current job if you have one and be on paid leave. You have to choose one or the other.
That's good for those who have already quit their jobs. The pay isn't great but anything helps. I hope this means they won't push back the future classes too much

That's good for those who have already quit their jobs. The pay isn't great but anything helps. I hope this means they won't push back the future classes too much
I just got done talking to my rep again and I was told you cannot have a full time job, but if you have a part-time that is not during normal business hours that should be fine.
FAA would decide what “Normal Business Hours” are.

As long as it’s enough to pay my rent and utilities, if it comes down to this, I think I’ll be okay. I’d just rather not have an online classroom when it comes to learning these things

As long as it’s enough to pay my rent and utilities, if it comes down to this, I think I’ll be okay. I’d just rather not have an online classroom when it comes to learning these things
Yeah online doesn’t seem ideal for this type of career. I was told there could be a possibility of iPads being sent out for trainees to start basics. I guess I was wrong about basics being done online.
The basics base pay is very very low.
It definitely is. That’s why I asked my rep if any moonlight work was acceptable.

Yeah online doesn’t seem ideal for this type of career. I was told there could be a possibility of iPads being sent out for trainees to start basics. I guess I was wrong about basics being done online.

It definitely is. That’s why I asked my rep if any moonlight work was acceptable.
I don’t see how they could stop you from having a second job. Controllers can have second jobs outside of work.

Back
Top Bottom