En Route Enroute Basics 7/13/2020

As long as it’s enough to pay my rent and utilities, if it comes down to this, I think I’ll be okay. I’d just rather not have an online classroom when it comes to learning these things
Unless you live in a very low cost of living place it womt cover that.

I don’t see how they could stop you from having a second job. Controllers can have second jobs outside of work.
The rules are different when you are dealing with FMLA(paid leave). It would be like saying you can’t work because you are taking care of a sick family member, but then you work another job just to get paid double.

Pay would be the trainee salary ($25,500/annually; 12.25/hourly) with no per diem.
Thanks, I’d like to think my job is going to work with me on this given how transparent I’ve been about this whole thing, but you never know.

Yeah online doesn’t seem ideal for this type of career. I was told there could be a possibility of iPads being sent out for trainees to start basics. I guess I was wrong about basics being done online.
Most of basics is straight memorization. That said, if any sort of online or distance learning goes out, keep me in the loop. I may be able to organize help/study sessions or something to that effect.

Anyone else call their reps about July? I know it’s still early, but come May, I got my 60 day notice on lease if somehow this class is still scheduled. Despite what the other threads are saying as well
I just emailed my HR person and he said that as of right now the July dates aren’t effected

I just emailed my HR person and he said that as of right now the July dates aren’t effected
My main concern, probably unfounded, is somehow we get screwed and instead of enroute land a tower class instead. I definetly want en route. Is that even a possibility?

My main concern, probably unfounded, is somehow we get screwed and instead of enroute land a tower class instead. I definetly want en route. Is that even a possibility?
Considering how many more enroute classes they have than terminal, you should be able to switch over if you really wanted to. I've heard of people switching in previous bids. Just contact your HR POC if you end up with terminal.

Do yall know if we for sure will be starting on the 13th of July? Even if it's online?

I have a good relationship with my boss and he knows I was going to leave some time in June and he's been asking me if I'm still leaving or if it's postponed then I can keep working until I need to leave. I was going to have about 2 weeks in between to go to Florida for a baptism but that's probably not happening anymore so figured I might just end up working.

Do yall know if we for sure will be starting on the 13th of July? Even if it's online?

I have a good relationship with my boss and he knows I was going to leave some time in June and he's been asking me if I'm still leaving or if it's postponed then I can keep working until I need to leave. I was going to have about 2 weeks in between to go to Florida for a baptism but that's probably not happening anymore so figured I might just end up working.
I’m in the same boat. No word yet from my HR POC, but I’m curious as to how they’re going to restructure all the class dates. I’d bet that we’re going to get pushed back and get online BASICS, but that’s a literal guess.

I’m in the same boat. No word yet from my HR POC, but I’m curious as to how they’re going to restructure all the class dates. I’d bet that we’re going to get pushed back and get online BASICS, but that’s a literal guess.
I’m pretty much assuming the same as what you said. Virtual on-boarding and all 5 weeks of basics online. Then I’m conservatively guessing we have a month atleast of just collecting checks and waiting for enroute portion to start so we can move out to OKC. I’d really like to be wrong about us having to wait, though.

If you receive a call from Oklahoma, area code 405, make sure you pick up. It's from the FAA to ask about enrolling in online basics. They just called, still no word on a physical class date, but if you accept they at least guarantee pay all the way through online classes. You can't hold a second job, you need a webcam to be sworn in, and I think they mentioned benefits. Expect several pages of EOD stuff to fill out, and probably an email ot two from your HR POC.

If you receive a call from Oklahoma, area code 405, make sure you pick up. It's from the FAA to ask about enrolling in online basics. They just called, still no word on a physical class date, but if you accept they at least guarantee pay all the way through online classes. You can't hold a second job, you need a webcam to be sworn in, and I think they mentioned benefits. Expect several pages of EOD stuff to fill out, and probably an email ot two from your HR POC.
Got the call and accepted it. I asked about working weekends and was told it was fine as long as it didn't affect me passing the class.

Back
Top Bottom