Enroute Class pass rate

There are obviously a few places where it’s still in use, but by and large, true non radar in the enroute environment is completely antiquated. Understanding the fundamentals and how to clear someone off a satellite airport is beneficial, but there’s no point in spending several weeks and a huge chunk of the grade at OKC for non radar. It’s a good move to phase it out.

There are obviously a few places where it’s still in use, but by and large, true non radar in the enroute environment is completely antiquated. Understanding the fundamentals and how to clear someone off a satellite airport is beneficial, but there’s no point in spending several weeks and a huge chunk of the grade at OKC for non radar. It’s a good move to phase it out.
14% isn’t really a “huge” chunk of the grade. Academics are worth more at OKC.

It seems like now that ADSB is nationwide, any time a radar goes down, ADSB aircraft are exempt from non-radar routings. Secondly, if anything were to happen to ERAM the play seems to be: evacuate the airspace and go ATC-0. This day in age a lot of us (but not all) will never run non-radar.

As of January, an Academy POC said final scoring was 10% academics/coursework, 90% evals. No say on whether the NR change bumps up or down either percentage."
When I went through OKC (admittedly quite a few years ago) non-radar was worth 14% of the total score, classroom academics were 20%, and radar was 66%:

Map - 2%
CKT 1 - 4%
NR 1 - 7%
NR 2 - 7%
ACT - 4%
CKT 2 - 5%
Checklist - 5%
Radar 1/2/3 - 22% Each

Using these values, academic work value descreases 10%

Y’all get your list yet? Had a friend in that class but they ended up not going to okc after basics finished
I heard classes at OKC were delayed by around 3 weeks due to an instructor shortage, so might be a while until the next list is published

I heard classes at OKC were delayed by around 3 weeks due to an instructor shortage, so might be a while until the next list is published
If I had to guess, I would say we will get our list either end of this week or beginning/middle of next week.

14% isn’t really a “huge” chunk of the grade. Academics are worth more at OKC.
Like others have said, every percentage point is huge at the Academy. NR evals are the most points you can earn or lose in a single day other than radar evals. There’s a bunch of people that end up failing by a couple of points, sometimes less than a single percentage point, and NR played a big factor in many of those failures. Perhaps the agency is realizing a near 50% washout rate in OKC is only making the staffing crisis worse.

Like others have said, every percentage point is huge at the Academy. NR evals are the most points you can earn or lose in a single day other than radar evals. There’s a bunch of people that end up failing by a couple of points, sometimes less than a single percentage point, and NR played a big factor in many of those failures. Perhaps the agency is realizing a near 50% washout rate in OKC is only making the staffing crisis worse.
This is why academics is critical. I averaged a 97 on all the book stuff. Also helped I got an 88 on my final radar eval and was much better at radar than NR. The scope and how do to a proper scan clicked for me a few days into labs. Finished OKC with a 72.6.

NR was the opposite. It just never really clicked. I didn’t too terrible on my first run (57), but I completely bombed my second one with a 37 haha. Just couldn’t get that Vicksburg bay down.

This is why academics is critical. I averaged a 97 on all the book stuff. Also helped I got an 88 on my final radar eval and was much better at radar than NR. The scope and how do to a proper scan clicked for me a few days into labs. Finished OKC with a 72.6.

NR was the opposite. It just never really clicked. I didn’t too terrible on my first run (57), but I completely bombed my second one with a 37 haha. Just couldn’t get that Vicksburg bay down.
You forgot your damn meatball didn’t you!?!?!?

Yes, I’m here now and done on March 6th. It’s a fact. I’m not sure which class is the first or will be the first effected. I think the first one effected is already here but not 100% because we’ve been on nights the past 3 weeks.
I’m curious to know if my class will be effected. I start basics 2/27

Back
Top Bottom