Enroute Class pass rate

This has to be a joke post
It's not. Classmates are curious as to how to get majority of the class to pass, since it's not easy to get everyone the same level of understanding all at the same time. We all have different learning techniques, and the average pass rates have been about 2/3rds of these recent classes, so we're genuinely curious as to what their secret was getting almost 100% pass rate, if they have one.

There is no “technique” that classes employ to get high pass rates. It all boils down to individual performance, you either have what it takes or you don’t. The historical pass rate hovers around 50-60%. Some classes might pass 15/16, the next might pass 3/16. There’s no secret formula. It just means the first class had 15 people who have the ability to pass and the second only had 3.

It’s nice to wanna support your peers but I would 100% focus on yourself. Help where you can if it benefits your learning, but at the academy it’s totally better to let those that can’t do it fail. It will hurt you more to try to save their necks.

I went into my last performance assessment with someone who needed a high score to pass. I told them I was willing to lose about 10 points to benefit their session if I needed to (terminal) but when they started breaking down in tears at the traffic, I just had to do what I could and there wasn’t a way to help them anymore. So help where you can, but recognize when it isn’t to your benefit any more.

I did not have her or Big B my entire time at the academy haha.
You wouldn't believe I had Big B and Regan back to back on the first day of evals. I was fucked before I even started. And I went in with 28.5 points.

Anyway, that's behind me now. I've recovered from the trauma, but it still stings knowing I went in there with that many points and still failed.

You wouldn't believe I had Big B and Regan back to back on the first day of evals. I was fucked before I even started. And I went in with 28.5 points.

Anyway, that's behind me now. I've recovered from the trauma, but it still stings knowing I went in there with that many points and still failed.
Oh dude I’m so sorry to hear that :/ my bad I wasn’t trying to rub it in, I thought you had passed.

I went in with 26.2 and passed because of my evaluators.

Oh dude I’m so sorry to hear that :/ my bad I wasn’t trying to rub it in, I thought you had passed.

I went in with 26.2 and passed because of my evaluators.
Nah, you’re good. I didn’t take it that way lol.

I think a lot of ppl don’t realize how much an evaluator can make or break you. People just assume that if you didn’t make it, then you somehow don’t have what it takes. And these are some of the same people that complain on here about “dumbasses” that actually pass and are bad. So it goes both ways.

I think a few in my class had one of the course coordinators as their evaluator, and they did fantastic with her. I heard she was a blessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Know anyone in the class that could get in touch with me? Currently at MMAC and wondering their technique on getting 15/16 to pass. Have a class of 16 and we want to do the same, if not get 16/16
Yeah there whole class is active ATC New Hiring Discord, you can reach out to one of them

Nah, you’re good. I didn’t take it that way lol.

I think a lot of ppl don’t realize how much an evaluator can make or break you. People just assume that if you didn’t make it, then you somehow don’t have what it takes. And these are some of the same people that complain on here about “dumbasses” that actually pass and are bad. So it goes both ways.

I think a few in my class had one of the course coordinators as their evaluator, and they did fantastic with her. I heard she was a blessing.
This is bang on. RM was basically the grim reaper around the time my class evaled. One of my classmates delayed a Byerley departure because she mistakenly thought an overflight was traffic. He proceeds to ding her for every subsequent delayed departure, resulting in a sub 50. Said gal's next run with Donna was good for a 98. She was cracked in radar tho, ngl.

Was lucky enough to get Megan out of the way in NR and dodge RM and Buck entirely. Think I was generally pretty good on my last two evals but you never know what nerves would've reared their head with tougher evaluators behind you. Pretty crazy to consider how life might be entirely different had I lucked into different evaluators.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is bang on. RM was basically the grim reaper around the time my class evaled. One of my classmates delayed a Byerley departure because she mistakenly thought an overflight was traffic. He proceeds to ding her for every subsequent delayed departure, resulting in a sub 50. Said gal's next run with Donna was good for a 98. She was cracked in radar tho, ngl.

Was lucky enough to get Megan out of the way in NR and dodge RM and Buck entirely. Think I was generally pretty good on my last two evals but you never know what nerves would've reared their head with tougher evaluators behind you. Pretty crazy to consider how life might be entirely different had I lucked into different evaluators.
I got Texas A&M guy (dunno his name) and Stone for NR, which sentenced me to Buck and Megan for radar.

It’s funny looking back at it, but that’s tough luck when some people managed to not get either of them lol.

I got Texas A&M guy (dunno his name) and Stone for NR, which sentenced me to Buck and Megan for radar.

It’s funny looking back at it, but that’s tough luck when some people managed to not get either of them lol.
The harshness of your evaluator is meaningless when it comes down to if you know your stuff or not. If you aren’t happy with your score and feel like they unfairly took points away, you can TR it.

I went through half the academy hearing that Megan was make or break, and while she gave me my lowest Radar score, it was entirely deserved because it was my roughest one - my only run with a sep error. I will admit, having two evaluators on the extreme side out of three for Radars is rough luck though.

Back
Top Bottom