Enroute Class pass rate

I have always thought that a 5-7 year plan would allow people to see light at the end of the tunnel and step people up to another center. But that’s thinking logically I gotta cut that shit out
That would be great. Right now, 804 is still lurking in the background but the only hope for us here is to do what bomber996 said, or bud supe jobs. Neither option is ideal…

6/27 Enroute List

ZNY
ZLA
ZLA
ZAU
ZTL
ZDV
ZME
ZMP
ZKC
ZMP
ZNY
ZDC
ZDC
ZAU

ALTs:
ZAN
ZAN
ZSU

From the ATC New Hiring Discord

Yall do realize if everyone went where they wanted facilities like ZOA ZNY and ZLA would have like 9 controllers per area lol. I'm laughing but I'm serious to. It's just a lose lose situation for everyone.

Yall do realize if everyone went where they wanted facilities like ZOA ZNY and ZLA would have like 9 controllers per area lol. I'm laughing but I'm serious to. It's just a lose lose situation for everyone.
I think 5 out of 9 of those controllers would like to see that trifecta dissolved and moved. At the very least the cess pool and scam that is ZNY needs to be eradicated. 6 out of 9 would agree. Nice.

I think 5 out of 9 of those controllers would like to see that trifecta dissolved and moved. At the very least the cess pool and scam that is ZNY needs to be eradicated. 6 out of 9 would agree. Nice.
None of the Z's are getting dissolved or moving anytime soon. Not saying it will never happen, but most of us won't see that happen over our careers.

I don't get this argument. Somehow OAK, SFO, SJC airports nearby can hire thousands of ramp agents, baggage handlers, gate agents, janitors, food court workers, ops people, parking attendants for <$20/hour with no benefits, but ZOA can't find 200 locals to work for $200k+/yr with excellent benefits and good job security? The FAA should be blasting the ZOA gig to every airport, Costco, Starbucks, Home Depot employee within 20 miles of the building, you'll solve the staffing problem overnight.

Also ZLA doesn't belong in that list.

I don't get this argument. Somehow OAK, SFO, SJC airports nearby can hire thousands of ramp agents, baggage handlers, gate agents, janitors, food court workers, ops people, parking attendants for <$20/hour with no benefits, but ZOA can't find 200 locals to work for $200k+/yr with excellent benefits and good job security? The FAA should be blasting the ZOA gig to every airport, Costco, Starbucks, Home Depot employee within 20 miles of the building, you'll solve the staffing problem overnight.

FAA should just start the in n out/ cfa to ZOA pipeline.

Hire local, and after certification, locals have a 52 week CPC requirement before they can NCEPT out. If they’re really local, they probably won’t even leave.

Literally every facility in the country could do this. Training would look different getting rid of OKC maybe but it would easily solve the staffing issue.

Literally every facility in the country could do this. Training would look different getting rid of OKC maybe but it would easily solve the staffing issue.
You're right, but the problem is especially severe at ZOA, ZNY, Alaska facilities, etc. which is why those should be the first to do direct hire and see how it goes, and consider rolling it out nationwide if it works.

Hire local, and after certification, locals have a 52 week CPC requirement before they can NCEPT out. If they’re really local, they probably won’t even leave.
52 weeks of CPC time at ZOA after 2-3 years of training LOL? I'd make it closer to 10 years.

I told my HR rep that I was willing to sign a statement that I would go to ZOA before getting my medical cleared. When I got cleared and I got my dates I ended up getting terminal. Can't say I didn't try to help them.
Ah. Welcome to the faa. Logic doesn’t work here. Actually if you would’ve said I am willing to go anywhere but ZOA…..you would’ve gotten it

7/11 Enroute List

ZNY
ZLA
ZLA
ZKC
ZNY
ZDC
ZAU
ZTL
ZTL
ZOB
ZOB