Enroute Class pass rate

CTI grad there? What's this new academy training order?

The "qualified candidate" debate is always contentious. Unfortunately there is no mold that makes an ATC candidate "qualified". Just because you have previous aviation experience doesn't mean you're going to be good at this job. Some of our best trainees came with ZERO aviation experience. One of the top graduates in my academy class had been on an airplane TWICE in their life. Some of the worst trainees I've seen have a shit attitude because of their prior experience. That being said, yes, having aviation experience SHOULD give you a leg up, but it doesn't directly correlate to success.

I get it. I graduated CTI two months before they changed the rules.
Nothing about who gets picked up. They have been talking about changing up the academy training and extending time there so once d side fundamentals are set then how to transfer on to radar and having trainees control simulated traffic

Here at ZAN we use non radar for actual controlling. Runway instructions, crossing restrictions, 1, 3, and 5 minute departure rules, etc.
Exactly the point. Wouldn’t you rather have a trainee in house with an extra month to work on that non radar and learning the real airspace? No data dumping bullshit academy land.

Exactly the point. Wouldn’t you rather have a trainee in house with an extra month to work on that non radar and learning the real airspace? No data dumping bullshit academy land.
It’s an extra 3 months, and it’s pass fail! Lol Made the academy non radar look like a joke.

It’s an extra 3 months, and it’s pass fail! Lol Made the academy non radar look like a joke.
But how many do you think would make it through with an extra month actually working your airspace instead of academy, that is all we are saying. I had a friend washed on that non radar. Training would always be better in the field than at academy imo.

But how many do you think would make it through with an extra month actually working your airspace instead of academy, that is all we are saying. I had a friend washed on that non radar. Training would always be better in the field than at academy imo.
If they can’t learn a simplistic dumbed down version how can they learn the real thing when it matters….OKC needs to wash more dummies out, we have been getting some real trash cans the past few years (probably because our pay is so low, but I digress)

If they can’t learn a simplistic dumbed down version how can they learn the real thing when it matters….OKC needs to wash more dummies out, we have been getting some real trash cans the past few years (probably because our pay is so low, but I digress)
Yup. As long as we’re underpaid they’ll keep getting these shitty candidates.

RAZE WEN?

10/10 Enroute List

ZSE
ZLA
ZDC
ZME
ZMA
ZJX
ZID
ZOB
ZLC
ZAU
ZMP
ZAU
ZTL
ZDV
ZSE

ALTs
ZAN
ZAN
ZSU
ZSU
ZNY
ZNY

From the ATC New Hiring Discord

10/24 Enroute List

ZSE
ZLA
ZLA
ZDC
ZAN
ZME
ZAN
ZME
ZAB
ZJX
ZMA
ZKC
ZID
ZLC
ZAU

ALTs
ZSU
ZSU

Yes that is correct, 2 ZAN on the main list.

From the ATC New Hiring Discord

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom