Enroute CPC to Lvl 12 Tower?

Cancan

Lurker
FAA
Facility
ZBW Boston Center
I'm currently CPC at a center, and I was thinking about putting in a transfer to a lvl 12 tower. Has anyone done this or have experience with controllers that have? I have no tower experience so it would be new to me, and I know it's basically a completely different type of controlling. I'm looking to see if there are any success stories out there or if I might be biting off more than I can chew. Thanks!

A level 12 tower is going to be organized and standardized n Ground will be the hardest position. You'd likely find it ridiculously repetitive

I'm currently CPC at a center, and I was thinking about putting in a transfer to a lvl 12 tower. Has anyone done this or have experience with controllers that have? I have no tower experience so it would be new to me, and I know it's basically a completely different type of controlling. I'm looking to see if there are any success stories out there or if I might be biting off more than I can chew. Thanks!
Depends on the tower

Thanks for all the replies so far! I’m looking at ORD tower specifically
I did a fam flight through o'hare and there was a lot going on for GC. CD was pretty intense too. I heard that JFK ground is a bitch. Give it a shot!

Definitely visit before you put in, at least once. It’s certainly been done, but as you know it’s a whole different ball game. I can think of at least one person that's a CPC at ORD that started out at ZAU, but another that tried that move fairly recently and said “F this” while still in the sim and went back. Don’t be that guy! Waste of everyone’s time.

Inb4 YOU CANT HACK IT, CENTER SCUM

giphy.gif

IMO if you are a Center CPC there will obviously be a fairly steep initial learning curve, but ultimately you will be underwhelmed with tower.

Lot of guys out there underwhelmed with OHare ground...

The context of the original post is coming from a Center CPC backround to a high level tower. my opinion is if you are a decently good center CPC you will be underwhelmed in the end, although perhaps down the shitter at first. Have you been a center and a tower CPC? Or u just throwin out hot takes

The context of the original post is coming from a Center CPC backround to a high level tower. my opinion is if you are a decently good center CPC you will be underwhelmed in the end, although perhaps down the shitter at first. Have you been a center and a tower CPC? Or u just throwin out hot takes
He's saying the likelihood of being underwhelmed at a level 12 tower ground position is slim to none. I don't care how good of a controller you are, ground at a level 12 tower will bust your balls

It depends on the tower. (Something I said earlier).
It is specifically ORD. (Something OG poster said earlier).
This site is full of horrific generalizations.

Back
Top Bottom