ERR transfer pay question

Goaround

FAA
Facility
MSY New Orleans Tower
Hey question for anyone who may know...i recently got selected on the ncept, going from 6 to a 9. Pretty awesome. I had a question about the payband though. Since the locality is much lower going from ny to msy, my base here is about 400 bucks less than the band there...and i know about the half on the go and the 6 % thing, but since i am still lower than the base there, am i just looking at a 400 pay bump

Hey question for anyone who may know...i recently got selected on the ncept, going from 6 to a 9. Pretty awesome. I had a question about the payband though. Since the locality is much lower going from ny to msy, my base here is about 400 bucks less than the band there...and i know about the half on the go and the 6 % thing, but since i am still lower than the base there, am i just looking at a 400 pay bump
It'll be in the TOL I think

Unfortunately, you do not get to keep the locality portion of your salary when you move to a different facility. With the 50% on the go and 50% upon certification, you will probably be taking a pay cut when you first move.

Per the Slate Book
All of the transfer pay section is in terms of Basic Pay, which the slate book defines as...

c. Basic Pay: Employee’s pay rate excluding applicable Locality Pay adjustment in effect.

Ex. (No locality and bottom of the band)

Level 6 - $62,914
Level 9 - $84,884

84,884-62,914 = $21,970
50% 0f $21,970 = $10,985

New salary without locality on the go = $62,914+$10,985 = $73,889

$73,889*MSY's rest of US Locality of 15.06% = $85,028 on the go

then $97,668 upon certification.

The numbers will vary slightly based on how long you've been in the agency, but in terms of take home pay you basically get screwed. Advancing your career up 3 levels with little to no difference in pay, but hey you do get off of Long Island, which is borderline priceless in my book.

Unfortunately, you do not get to keep the locality portion of your salary when you move to a different facility. With the 50% on the go and 50% upon certification, you will probably be taking a pay cut when you first move.

Per the Slate Book
All of the transfer pay section is in terms of Basic Pay, which the slate book defines as...

c. Basic Pay: Employee’s pay rate excluding applicable Locality Pay adjustment in effect.

Ex. (No locality and bottom of the band)

Level 6 - $62,914
Level 9 - $84,884

84,884-62,914 = $21,970
50% 0f $21,970 = $10,985

New salary without locality on the go = $62,914+$10,985 = $73,889

$73,889*MSY's rest of US Locality of 15.06% = $85,028 on the go

then $97,668 upon certification.

The numbers will vary slightly based on how long you've been in the agency, but in terms of take home pay you basically get screwed. Advancing your career up 3 levels with little to no difference in pay, but hey you do get off of Long Island, which is borderline priceless in my book.

Well damn, thank you for doing the math for me.
I actually had the safe pay from certifying at a level 7 and then we got downgraded, but it sounds like im definitely taking a pay cut. Oh wells

I love the random bump of a dead thread that involves new orleans food. Y'all can come visit me and eat the food and drink the beer whenever you want! Happy to host a fellow airplane separator.

If you transfer on a swap is your pay really set at your current pay with no raise? So if you swap a 7 to a 10 you make your 7 pay and don't get treated as a CPC-IT with a raise?

Or at least 50% on the go?

If you transfer on a swap is your pay really set at your current pay with no raise? So if you swap a 7 to a 10 you make your 7 pay and don't get treated as a CPC-IT with a raise?

Or at least 50% on the go?

As stated in the contract with a swap you get no pay raise until certification. So you would go to the band minimum of a 10 but must achieve certification before you get any extra $$. Now if you transfer from a level 9 and had a few years of raises and you are above the bottom of a 10 band, you get no pay raise even after certification.

As stated in the contract with a swap you get no pay raise until certification. So you would go to the band minimum of a 10 but must achieve certification before you get any extra $$. Now if you transfer from a level 9 and had a few years of raises and you are above the bottom of a 10 band, you get no pay raise even after certification.
Band minimum on certification or transfer? I read it as band minimum at certification

Certification. You get nothing on the go with a swap. If you are in the band when you transfer, you will not receive a raise, even when going up three levels.
If you transfer via regular ERR you'll get a raise for an upgrade even if you're in the band in all cases. Depends on levels.
It's a better option than swaps. Swaps are done after the panel anyway. NCEPT basically eliminated swaps for most context.

If you transfer via regular ERR you'll get a raise for an upgrade even if you're in the band in all cases. Depends on levels.
It's a better option than swaps. Swaps are done after the panel anyway. NCEPT basically eliminated swaps for most context.

There are some facilities that are hard to get into and competitive, so it is nice to have the option out there. I agree an ERR would be ideal, no worries of the other person backing out etc. As we have seen the staffing % can be lower for swaps, than an ERR release, which could also help get out of the facility.

The longer you wait for that ERR to go through, more opportunity for a coworker to get selected and ruin your release chances.

Back
Top Bottom