Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-61675

MMPI2: 2 years
Drug test: 6 months
Security clearance: 2 years*
Can confirm. This is exactly what HR told me 2 weeks ago when I asked, with the addition medical is good for 2 years. Also, the security clearance has an asterisk because she said they may redo your background check, but no need for redoing fingerprints.

God, filling out e-quip was my least favorite part of the process. It wouldn’t be that bad second (4th) go around but damn, so much information.

I want to say your medical and clearance is good for two years and would transfer over but I’m unsure. From personal experience my friend denied a list from one bid and then like 3 months later got the list from the newest bid. I’d assume the process is sped up with everything already done.

Yeah, in my situation, if I were offered a shit list it would be more beneficial to just wait a few months while making twice as much money at my current facility to get a new list and go with relatively little hassle as far as the process goes.

It should be saved

Oh, NOW it is with my currently information. But filling it out for the last bid was a bitch. Got out of the Navy and moved across the country twice within the last year to two different facilities so there was a lot of information.

Oh, NOW it is with my currently information. But filling it out for the last bid was a bitch. Got out of the Navy and moved across the country twice within the last year to two different facilities so there was a lot of information.
Mine was saved from when I did it in 2010 for TSA. So most of the information was useless.

For anyone already in the process of the prior prior exp bid, applying to this one does no harm. The only thing that could mess up your opportunity to receive two lists is getting a TOL from this one before receiving a list from the Dec bid. HR will make you choose which announcement you want to proceed with.

Mine was saved from when I did it in 2010 for TSA. So most of the information was useless.

For sure. I had to do mine for Serco which was basically the same information from the navy, then moved to a different facility and had to do ANOTHER clearance for RVA and then they still made me do yet another background check for the Dec bid. All within a year of each other.

Heres a key phrase for all you that will apply. I'm guessing in the future if you turn down a list you more than likely won't get a second list.
"APPLICANTS MUST ALSO BE WILLING TO WORK AT ANY FAA AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL FACILITY."

Heres a key phrase for all you that will apply. I'm guessing in the future if you turn down a list you more than likely won't get a second list.
"APPLICANTS MUST ALSO BE WILLING TO WORK AT ANY FAA AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL FACILITY."

I can’t count how many instances I’ve seen someone turn down a list for whatever reason and get a different list on the next bid they apply to.

I can’t count how many instances I’ve seen someone turn down a list for whatever reason and get a different list on the next bid they apply to.
I was referring to a second list on the same bid. The reality is expect a list of level 8 and below facilities that will probably suck to be at because that's where the FAA needs people.

I was referring to a second list on the same bid. The reality is expect a list of level 8 and below facilities that will probably suck to be at because that's where the FAA needs people.

Oh no no no. I wasn’t meaning turn down a list expecting a second list for the same bid. I’m talking about turning down a list from Dec bid to take a list from May bid. I totally see and understand what you’re saying though.

Oh no no no. I wasn’t meaning turn down a list expecting a second list for the same bid. I’m talking about turning down a list from Dec bid to take a list from May bid. I totally see and understand what you’re saying though.
it still isn't a guarantee that folks will get a list the second time. We all have families to support but the list could definitely look worst.

Crazy that this bid was only open for four days and over a weekend. Last bid was a week long and opened on a Monday I believe. Took roughly 5 months for the first group to get lists and that was even with a shutdown. I could see this bid going even quicker for some. Less applicants and no shutdown. HR is getting more efficient since they started really hiring 4 years ago.

One can only hope that this bid goes quick and smooth! Maybe they will want to get everyone hired and start dates before the new fiscal year

I just saw that they extended the bid by one day. Think that means that they didn't get enough applications? That might be good news for us that applied.

Back
Top Bottom