Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-61675

Yep. Tier II last i heard from HR was in December they asked for my military records after that I’ve heard nothing else.
We are in the same boat. I did ask RDC for a status update in January and he told me that he sent my file to HQ. He might have already done that for you. After searching these forums, I'm expecting around 6-12 months before I finish the process and get a list.

We are in the same boat. I did ask RDC for a status update in January and he told me that he sent my file to HQ. He might have already done that for you. After searching these forums, I'm expecting around 6-12 months before I finish the process and get a list.
Thanks for that insight I guess I’ll be waiting 6-12 months then. I hope the wait is worth it and we get a nice list !

RDC is still waiting on my VA eval records and today mentioned personal statements. I went DoD so I’m in no rush.
Anyone else notice a lot of veterans with disability “failing” the MMPI....
I don’t think having a VA disability affects the MMPI... It’s a small pool of people but everyone I’ve known to fail the MMPI and get tier 2 didn’t have a VA rating.

I don’t think having a VA disability affects the MMPI... It’s a small pool of people but everyone I’ve known to fail the MMPI and get tier 2 didn’t have a VA rating.
I’ve noticed the opposite haha when I was hired in 2018 I didn’t have a rating and passed everything, the handful of my friends who had VA ratings all failed the MMPI. Last year I received a rating and when I was being rehired had to take the MMPI, I received tier II and was told I failed the MMPI. Maybe a coincidence but that trend has continued with most of the disabled veterans I know.

I’ve noticed the opposite haha when I was hired in 2018 I didn’t have a rating and passed everything, the handful of my friends who had VA ratings all failed the MMPI. Last year I received a rating and when I was being rehired had to take the MMPI, I received tier II and was told I failed the MMPI. Maybe a coincidence but that trend has continued with most of the disabled veterans I know.
I thought ONLY failing the MMPI led to being Tier 2d, didn’t think your physical or medical history led to Tier 2. If they need more info or further evaluation it was just a delay NOT tier 2. Atleast that was my understanding from going through a few threads over the years.

I thought ONLY failing the MMPI led to being Tier 2d, didn’t think your physical or medical history led to Tier 2. If they need more info or further evaluation it was just a delay NOT tier 2. Atleast that was my understanding from going through a few threads over the years.

That’s probably true and may be the process. What is happening though is that they won’t even schedule the re-evaluation for the MMPI until they have every record about your VA disability on file as well as personal written statements describing the disability in your own words. Once that’s done, then they start the process to schedule the new psych eval. Why delay the psych eval until the VA records are received if the only reason people are being reviewed is for failing the MMPI? That’s the issue I have with what’s going on and every vet that I know that is over 50% rated (for back/knees/shoulders etc) has “failed their MMPI” and needed further evaluation. I personally know five 50%+ rated vets that “failed”. One other vet has 30% and needed a hearing test but did not fail the MMPI and was hired shortly after. All the vets I know that are not rated or have low ratings pass the MMPI and continue with lists etc, (including me at one point). It may be a coincidence but it seems very fishy to me.

That’s probably true and may be the process. What is happening though is that they won’t even schedule the re-evaluation for the MMPI until they have every record about your VA disability on file as well as personal written statements describing the disability in your own words. Once that’s done, then they start the process to schedule the new psych eval. Why delay the psych eval until the VA records are received if the only reason people are being reviewed is for failing the MMPI? That’s the issue I have with what’s going on and every vet that I know that is over 50% rated (for back/knees/shoulders etc) has “failed their MMPI” and needed further evaluation. I personally know five 50%+ rated vets that “failed”. One other vet has 30% and needed a hearing test but did not fail the MMPI and was hired shortly after. All the vets I know that are not rated or have low ratings pass the MMPI and continue with lists etc, (including me at one point). It may be a coincidence but it seems very fishy to me.
because why pay to have you see the psychiatrist if you can't even get a medical clearance. They want to ensure that you can pass the medical before they continue on paying extra for you to pass the psych eval

They don’t only ask for VA disability records they ask for your entire military health records and if you weren’t prior experience, just an OTS applicant, they’d ask for their medical records as well. Also, when you apply you submit your VA rating form? I forgot what it’s called. But why wouldn’t they just straight up Tier 2 you then if having a rating is the reason?

They don’t only ask for VA disability records they ask for your entire military health records and if you weren’t prior experience, just an OTS applicant, they’d ask for their medical records as well. Also, when you apply you submit your VA rating form? I forgot what it’s called. But why wouldn’t they just straight up Tier 2 you then if having a rating is the reason?

Not entirely true. I was a tier 2 before I received my disability. When I disclosed that I was receiving VA disability after I cleared tier 2, the medical analyst wanted the initial VA disability breakdown form that I received from the VA and my official VA medical record (in its entirety).

Nope. Based on the initial pre-screening, they can also tier 2 you for disclosed medical issues and/or alcohol related incidents (that they consider potentially disqualifying). I was tier 2 for disclosure of an alcohol related incident.

Last edited:
I was notified of my Tier II status Oct 2019. Just had my appt today. Does anyone know if the FAA is making any effort to place new hires as close as possible to where they currently live (of course based on priority placement facilities) due to COVID?

I was notified of my Tier II status Oct 2019. Just had my appt today. Does anyone know if the FAA is making any effort to place new hires as close as possible to where they currently live (of course based on priority placement facilities) due to COVID?
The only thing the FAA is making a priority are the critically staffed facilities. A lot of people feel like they just pull a facility out of a hat. Luckily I got my #1 pick, all you can do is rank the list and hope.

The only thing the FAA is making a priority are the critically staffed facilities. A lot of people feel like they just pull a facility out of a hat. Luckily I got my #1 pick, all you can do is rank the list and hope.
Okay. It's no sweat for me either way. I was just curious. Congrats on your #1 pick!

Man I was notified last September. Last I heard was that RDC pushed my paperwork to HQ last December. Haven't heard a thing since. Do you mind telling me your timeline? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom