FAA CRASHPADS Just 5m from the FAA Academy!

Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-63736

GulfBravoPapa

Forum Sage
FAA just sent home all trainees not certified on anything until the end of the national emergency... So I highly doubt anyone will be getting start dates and those that do have them will be pushed back. You are now (or would be) considered non-essential.

OS Moderator
Staff member
I ♥ pointSixtyFive
It was foolish to allow yourselves to believe that any of this was going to continue forward.

code7500

this is beyond frustrating. Have my second kid due in May and this process has been a disaster. Then Covid happened fml
I've been dragging my feet on signing a lease and actually giving notice at my tower.

At this point just void all our stuff and send new lists when it's over

becook3108

So, is the ATO still operating? If we still get our facility assignment but start date is delayed that is fine with me. At least I have some answers and not in the dark of what my future holds

EthanA

Air traffic facilities will still need the controllers, I would expect to see this let up in the next couple of months once the impacts start hitting the facilities

code7500

Word from HR "you're still expected to show up on your original start date".... So we're showing up and not working?

OS Moderator
Staff member
I ♥ pointSixtyFive
They just suspended training and sent home individuals with no meaningful qualifications..

code7500

So it's like stay at home admin time? I guess there's worse possibilities

"You will not be placed on an excused absence or admin leave after you in-process at your facility. The facilities are still operational, and are continuing business as usual with social distancing. Your facility manager may or may not send you home, it depends on what the facility has going on at that time."

From HR, not sure they even know what's going on with the "non-essential" stuff lol. Good times!

Jimmyjimmy90

"You will not be placed on an excused absence or admin leave after you in-process at your facility. The facilities are still operational, and are continuing business as usual with social distancing. Your facility manager may or may not send you home, it depends on what the facility has going on at that time."

From HR, not sure they even know what's going on with the "non-essential" stuff lol. Good times!
They need to join pointsixfive! 🤣