Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I had at least 5 collisions, probably a lot more. Had no time to count. It was rough. I have always been good at taking tests and read somewhere that you can't really prepare for the ATSA and everyone was saying that it's easy. Don't believe the lies. I was mentally exhausted after 30 minutes and dragged myself through the rest. I remember starting each section and being like, "There's more!?!?!?". I'm looking forward to hearing my wife's take on the ATSA after she takes it. MwaHaHaHa

I had at least 5 collisions, probably a lot more. Had no time to count. It was rough. I have always been good at taking tests and read somewhere that you can't really prepare for the ATSA and everyone was saying that it's easy. Don't believe the lies. I was mentally exhausted after 30 minutes and dragged myself through the rest. I remember starting each section and being like, "There's more!?!?!?". I'm looking forward to hearing my wife's take on the ATSA after she takes it. MwaHaHaHa
This is actually a really good point. ATC Prep. doesn’t help you practice for how many sections of each segment you’ll have to do consecutively. It seemed to me like they make the ATSA this way purposefully to exhaust you. Practice for stamina.

Did everyone receive that email from 9-amc regarding extending testing if needed?
This one?

"Dear Applicant,

You should have received an email inviting you to complete the Air Traffic Skills Assessment (ATSA). Additional information is provided below.

1. If you are unable or prefer not to complete the ATSA during the current testing window (May 1, 2020 – June 14, 2020) due to the ongoing national/state emergency related to COVID-19, you will be provided another opportunity to complete the assessment at a later date.

a. Anyone who does not complete the assessment during the May 1, 2020 – June 14, 2020 testing window will automatically be provided an opportunity to test in the future.

b. No action is required of you.

2. If there is not any testing availability near you, either the available seats have been filled or the testing site is not yet open due to shelter-in-place requirements managed by the state.

a. If you would like to test during this testing window, you will need to find an available seat at a different location, or

b. Continue checking the scheduling website in case a seat opens at your desired location.

3. If you completed the ATSA previously.

a. Results are valid for three years from the test date and may be used instead of testing again.

b. If you do not complete the exam during this testing window, and have a ATSA on file less than three years old, your previous results will automatically be used.

c. No action is required of you.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please email [email protected].

ATSA Remedy"

Yup, I got it. This might end up being me. Minnesota is having a spike in cases so I wouldn't be surprised if the testing facility closed. Anyone know if we can change sites after we have scheduled our test?

Yup, I got it. This might end up being me. Minnesota is having a spike in cases so I wouldn't be surprised if the testing facility closed. Anyone know if we can change sites after we have scheduled our test?

When you log back on, it will ask you to schedule the test, not re-schedule. Looks like it cleared your previous choice. It did to mine. I'm in Oklahoma, sites in both OKC and Tulsa are closed and TBD open, so I scheduled for Arlington TX in two weeks.

When you log back on, it will ask you to schedule the test, not re-schedule. Looks like it cleared your previous choice. It did to mine. I'm in Oklahoma, sites in both OKC and Tulsa are closed and TBD open, so I scheduled for Arlington TX in two weeks.

When I looked at my PSI on Saturday, I was a little concerned when it showed I had no activity scheduled. I was on hold with PSI with my confirmation number to make sure I was okay to test and refreshed the page and it came back up as a scheduled activity for me. Im in Florida

anyone know if the numbers are still accurate for how many new trainees they want to hire in 2020? i believe it was 1077 or somewhere around that number, or has the whole pandemic changed that?

anyone know if the numbers are still accurate for how many new trainees they want to hire in 2020? i believe it was 1077 or somewhere around that number, or has the whole pandemic changed that?

Here is the 2020-2029 ATC Workforce Plan. It said the number from 2019 (1077 new hires) has changed and the new target is 910 new hires for 2020, however with the virus situation, it will most likely change again.

If you can't see the link, here: https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/pub...staffing/media/2019-ABA-001-CWP_2019_508c.pdf

I know someone that got the "you should have received an email regarding testing scheduling" email, but nothing from psi? Anyone else have this happen? They already checked there spam and haven't gotten emailed back from the faa remedies email.

I know someone that got the "you should have received an email regarding testing scheduling" email, but nothing from psi? Anyone else have this happen? They already checked there spam and haven't gotten emailed back from the faa remedies email.
Probably wanna call the FAA Aviation Careers department, phone number was listed on the application. They could've improperly typed your friends email

Agency contact information
Aviation Careers
Phone

(405) 954-4657
Fax
(405) 954-7902
Email
[email protected]
Address

Federal Aviation Administration
Aviation Careers Branch
6500 S. MacArthur Blvd, HQ Room 138
AHF-C420
Oklahoma City, OK 73169
US

I got the email from the FAA. Just to be safe I went on the PSI site to make sure the exam is still scheduled. Nothing was showing up. I then followed the original link to schedule the test that came on 4/27 and then it shows me I'm already scheduled. Not a very good website. So I recommend trying that before thinking that your test unscheduled itself.

I got the email from the FAA. Just to be safe I went on the PSI site to make sure the exam is still scheduled. Nothing was showing up. I then followed the original link to schedule the test that came on 4/27 and then it shows me I'm already scheduled. Not a very good website. So I recommend trying that before thinking that your test unscheduled itself.
Same thing happened to me. I went to the original link and it showed me scheduled.

I went on the PSI website AND followed the original link and there were "no records" for me. When I called she said this has been happening for many ATSA test takers and that I was still scheduled to take the ATSA. I asked if it is possible that they will cancel my test and she said that it is possible depending on what California does. I asked how I will know if it is cancelled if I can't view it on the website and she said to call back a day before the test to make sure. She also said that for them to send out an e-mail or call everyone that their test is cancelled would be alot of work for them ?

Hello! I have been using the ATCPrep software, which has been helpful. Does anyone have any links or practice questions I can find for the second part, Logic and Reasoning? The ATCPrep software does not have any of those type of logic and reasoning questions. Your help is much appreciated!

Hello! I have been using the ATCPrep software, which has been helpful. Does anyone have any links or practice questions I can find for the second part, Logic and Reasoning? The ATCPrep software does not have any of those type of logic and reasoning questions. Your help is much appreciated!
I used ATSA Test Prep: Ace the FAA Test (2020) - JobTestPrep and I found it helpful. It is expensive so if you don’t want to buy it LSAT questions may be your best bet.

Not too many questions on here, but when I was practicing last year I used this brilliant.org problem set, which helped. Just make sure you start timing yourself before you read the first problem. 1.33 or 1.5 mins/problem, whatever it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom