Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

No, I would finish up spring 2022. If I get the job and I am near school I figure I can finish one class at at a time since I will have either 12 or 24 credits left. I am on the GI Bill currently so don't worry I am wasting all of our money.
I'm in a similar boat. Scheduled to graduate December 2021, but decided to get my career in motion instead of worrying about when I graduate. Now it'll probably be December 2022 ?

If you get checked out you never have to worry about finishing your degree
Or you washout and are left left working a minimum wage job.

I'm in a similar boat. Scheduled to graduate December 2021, but decided to get my career in motion instead of worrying about when I graduate. Now it'll probably be December 2022 ?
If I were that close to graduating, I would try to get my class date pushed back. Just my opinion, but never hurts to have a backup plan.

Or you washout and are left left working a minimum wage job.

If I were that close to graduating, I would try to get my class date pushed back. Just my opinion, but never hurts to have a backup plan.
If he washes out then he can finish his degree lol

If he washes out then he can finish his degree lol
True, but it's way easier and cheaper to finish the last semester of a degree than it is to go back and finish years later. I'm also just selfish and want her class date lol.

Last edited:
I am also scheduled to graduate in December 2021. Since I recently got my clearances, my academy would probably be Sep-Oct ( or maybe later) and if that happens I am gonna push back my start date to graduate.

I am also scheduled to graduate in December 2021. Since I recently got my clearances, my academy would probably be Sep-Oct ( or maybe later) and if that happens I am gonna push back my start date to graduate.
Being that close, I would probably do that same. That or quit my job and double up on classes. But pushing a June date to January.. no, thank you! Haha

Yea that’s what I have done . I’m asking if anyone here has gotten a start date that has chosen that option.
Definitely dont recommend doing that. I feel its important to build those relationships with your classmates in basics instead of being the new guy across the street who pops in randonly and its good review. Plus its not like you have to go to OKC for basics anymore, so why not sit at home and get paid instead of not??? Just my thoughts

Definitely dont recommend doing that. I feel its important to build those relationships with your classmates in basics instead of being the new guy across the street who pops in randonly and its good review. Plus its not like you have to go to OKC for basics anymore, so why not sit at home and get paid instead of not??? Just my thoughts
Well hopefully you let me sit with you .

I may be late to the party, and I admittedly do not know when the last time I checked was, but although the bid says "reviewing applications" when I went to check the "track application" button, my application status says "You have not been selected for this announcement. Please continue to check the website for vacancies of interest to you." I am assuming sometime after the first round of ATSA testing and TOL's were sent out they started to change the application statuses. Now, with the next round of ATSA testing they'll send out more TOL's for those testers. Good luck everyone ?

Has the flight surgeon (or anyone at the FAA) given any statement on whether they want us to get the vaccine? I only just became eligible for it and I'm still pending medical clearance, just want to do whatever's going to cause less issues down the line.

Has the flight surgeon (or anyone at the FAA) given any statement on whether they want us to get the vaccine? I only just became eligible for it and I'm still pending medical clearance, just want to do whatever's going to cause less issues down the line.
They don't care either way.

Back
Top Bottom