Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

still waiting for TOLs ?
I know the best advice that I was given was to forget that I applied. I was only really able to follow that advice up until I got my TOL. It's nice to see you're still excited, but don't spend too much of your energy on this process... I say as I obsessively check this thread and my email multiple times per day. Don't make my mistake.

From CG,

Our office is waiting to be told we can go ahead and start filling the September classes. I expect we’ll be told sometime this week to start making calls and filling the September class seats...we do not have any Terminal classes available in September, all class seats offered will be En Route seats.

Got this yesterday when I asked for updates.

Bummer! I saw there was one terminal class on the catalog and 3 enroute but oh well!!! Excited to get started no matter what!

I know the best advice that I was given was to forget that I applied. I was only really able to follow that advice up until I got my TOL. It's nice to see you're still excited, but don't spend too much of your energy on this process... I say as I obsessively check this thread and my email multiple times per day. Don't make my mistake.
I wish I could forget about applying, but I'm stuck trying to figure out where I'm going to live once my lease expires this month. I don't want to get stuck in a year long lease when I can get a call at any moment. I'd hate to waste all of my money on this.

Bummer! I saw there was one terminal class on the catalog and 3 enroute but oh well!!! Excited to get started no matter what!
Are you wanting to get terminal? I'm only bummed because I'm not hopeful that I'll get a September date. Which means I'm probably more likely to get terminal later. I'm hoping to get enroute though. I'm sure it probably doesn't matter in the long run, but I've had too much time to think about things.

I wish I could forget about applying, but I'm stuck trying to figure out where I'm going to live once my lease expires this month. I don't want to get stuck in a year long lease when I can get a call at any moment. I'd hate to waste all of my money on this.

could be almost a year if not more until you head to the academy if you’re waiting on a tol.

Are you wanting to get terminal? I'm only bummed because I'm not hopeful that I'll get a September date. Which means I'm probably more likely to get terminal later. I'm hoping to get enroute though. I'm sure it probably doesn't matter in the long run, but I've had too much time to think about things.
I'd love to get terminal but I just want to start working so I'm fine with en route.
could be almost a year if not more until you head to the academy if you’re waiting on a tol.
Luckily I got mine last year and I cleared my medical and everything. I just haven't made a fancy signature yet to tell everyone lol.

I'd love to get terminal but I just want to start working so I'm fine with en route.

Luckily I got mine last year and I cleared my medical and everything. I just haven't made a fancy signature yet to tell everyone lol.
Ohhh damn yeah that's tough, my lease is month to month thankfully. Maybe try to do that even if it may cost you more? Your class date will probably be a couple months from when you get the call

Ohhh damn yeah that's tough, my lease is month to month thankfully. Maybe try to do that even if it may cost you more? Your class date will probably be a couple months from when you get the call
Yah that's what the plan is or alternatively I find a nice cardboard box, hopefully in the shade, and I just yell at people until the FAA does something.

Just for my current situation and where I’d like to end up terminal is the better option for me. But my cousin has been enroute for 5 years and says that’s the way to go!

Hi! I'm new here and I am very interested in becoming a controller, from what I am gathering there may be openings available in september, is that correct?

Hi! I'm new here and I am very interested in becoming a controller, from what I am gathering there may be openings available in september, is that correct?
Unless I missed something, no. That's just when they're looking to fill class seats for people who already completed the hiring process.

The September dates are what we are expecting will be filled by people who applied in January of 2020. Keep an eye out on usajobs.gov for when another hiring bid is announced. There will likely be another thread made on this site when that announcement is made.

Anyone ever get a second TOL from the same bid?

I received one last September but declined it due to some issues that made moving unfeasible, however I just received an email again with a new TOL today. Paperwork is updated with todays date.

Did they just screw up?

Something I’ve done with every lease I’ve had while involved with the FAA, is ask to add a clause that you can break it 30 or 60 days notice. I’ve always been able to add that and it’s worked out well for me.

Back
Top Bottom