Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Do the TOL’s typically go out all at once or over a couple days? Feeling less and less optimistic ?
I think last year they were sending them out over the span of a couple months. Check USA jobs and see if they’ve changed your status to not referred because they update that first because that’s how I found out my first bid that I wasn’t moving on after I tested

Do the TOL’s typically go out all at once or over a couple days? Feeling less and less optimistic ?
In 2019, I remember the first batch of TOLs going out around early November then another batch went out a couple weeks later. No way of knowing how it will work this time though but your status on USAJOBS will eventually change to Not Hired if you are not selected for a TOL.

In 2019, I remember the first batch of TOLs going out around early November then another batch went out a couple weeks later. No way of knowing how it will work this time though but your status on USAJOBS will eventually change to Not Hired if you are not selected for a TOL.
Thank you! So far, no change on USAJOBS so I’ll just have to keep checking back!

That's how CS used to be, but it's been radio silence since I got cleared.
Ya'll got lucky I have TH and its been like yanking teeth to get any response from her. Ending up having to contact the rep that had sent me my TOL originally and I assume she passed the word to her because next day she picked up my call second ring. Also im pretty sure everyone who has TH as their rep has since been given class dates. ruff

Not sure about you guys, but this whole process has been so long and it’s been 10 months since the TOL and I’m pretty sure my friends and family are starting to think I lied about this whole ATC thing. Like they genuinely think the whole way this works is insane and that I just made it up.

Not sure about you guys, but this whole process has been so long and it’s been 10 months since the TOL and I’m pretty sure my friends and family are starting to think I lied about this whole ATC thing. Like they genuinely think the whole way this works is insane and that I just made it up.
Hang in there

And then try and explain wtf tier 2 status means they all think I'm a crazy person now lol

Knowing it’s possible some of might not make it hurts my heart man. Enroute pass rates have been scary the past few weeks.

There's plenty of material right now you can start studying! If you're OTS its best to start getting your feet wet. When I was in school I had 4 years to learn everything. At the academy you have what 60 days give or take? Out of curiosity who here is a CTI grad still waiting on a class date?

There's plenty of material right now you can start studying! If you're OTS its best to start getting your feet wet. When I was in school I had 4 years to learn everything. At the academy you have what 60 days give or take? Out of curiosity who here is a CTI grad still waiting on a class date?

Not the worst advice, but I've also learned in life that sometimes a completely fresh person is easier to teach than someone with "bad habits" to unlearn or change their thinking. I've just been doing cursory reading and watching of aviation related articles and videos the past 2 years, but I havent tried to "study" anything because I dont want to have to unlearn something I may have taught myself incorrectly. It takes knowing what kind of learner you are; I'm not necessarily a quick learner but I can soak in information for hours and enjoy it, when taught by an authority on the subject (especially if I can ask questions as time goes on). Just my two cents.

CTI grad here. I know I’m getting en route so I’m glad that I’ve had some non radar classes during college. Anyone from my school that I know has almost always gotten terminal and passed but I know only one 2 that passed en route :/

Just got my TOL and I'm a CTI grad

Not the worst advice, but I've also learned in life that sometimes a completely fresh person is easier to teach than someone with "bad habits" to unlearn or change their thinking. I've just been doing cursory reading and watching of aviation related articles and videos the past 2 years, but I havent tried to "study" anything because I dont want to have to unlearn something I may have taught myself incorrectly. It takes knowing what kind of learner you are; I'm not necessarily a quick learner but I can soak in information for hours and enjoy it, when taught by an authority on the subject (especially if I can ask questions as time goes on). Just my two cents.
very true everyone is a different learner

CTI grad here. I know I’m getting en route so I’m glad that I’ve had some non radar classes during college. Anyone from my school that I know has almost always gotten terminal and passed but I know only one 2 that passed en route :/
How do you know you're getting en route? Yea a buddy from my school passed en route a couple classes ago, but with a 73. Everyone from your school gets terminal? Must be nice.

I was thankfully able finish en route with radar classes while in school. But as soon as we started non-radar covid hit and school ended and they all just passed us. Was very shitty, didnt learn anything.

Back
Top Bottom