Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I got the same email and replied now figuring out housing. Guess we will be celebrating christmas in OKC
True, what housing facilities are you looking at. I had a cousin who went through this process a couple years ago and he stayed at isola bella and said that and kim's place were two big places. I feel it would be easier to study and stuff if the majority of our class were in the same housing

True, what housing facilities are you looking at. I had a cousin who went through this process a couple years ago and he stayed at isola bella and said that and kim's place were two big places. I feel it would be easier to study and stuff if the majority of our class were in the same housing
I was thinking anatole but im gonna be driving from Arizona so i'll have my car to meet anywhere

I was thinking anatole but im gonna be driving from Arizona so i'll have my car to meet anywhere
Yeah I'll be coming from Chicago so I'll have my car as well. Hoping more people will get their dates soon. Have you gotten anything outside of the congratulations reply to accept the position email? I haven't gotten anything about housing from my rep yet.

Yeah I'll be coming from Chicago so I'll have my car as well. Hoping more people will get their dates soon. Have you gotten anything outside of the congratulations reply to accept the position email? I haven't gotten anything about housing from my rep yet.
I didn't get anything about housing from my hr rep. I just have talked to a few people currently at the academy who said its a good idea to book in advance to make sure you get to stay where you want to. I just used the list of housing providers posted and contacted them from there. They understand that everything is tentative.

I didn't get anything about housing from my hr rep. I just have talked to a few people currently at the academy who said its a good idea to book in advance to make sure you get to stay where you want to. I just used the list of housing providers posted and contacted them from there. They understand that everything is tentative.
Congrats on the start dates! but you might want to go ahead and make a new thread for your class.

Hey, AZ here too, I'm gonna drive as well. It's just close enough to not be a major hassle to drive lol.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience that I did with this bid. I applied during the initial opening in Jan 2020. Then Covid became a pandemic in March 2020. I received an email for eligibility to take the AT-SA exam in April of 2020 and scheduled the exam for May 2020. A week or so before the exam, the testing center called me and told me that I would have to reschedule the exam due to the location here in AL closing due to Covid. I then get an email in March 2021 saying that I am eligible to take the exam. I took the exam in April 2021 and I received my TOL in July 2021. I know Covid put a hinderance on a lot of things but didn't know if anyone else had their testing center close right before your exam?

I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience that I did with this bid. I applied during the initial opening in Jan 2020. Then Covid became a pandemic in March 2020. I received an email for eligibility to take the AT-SA exam in April of 2020 and scheduled the exam for May 2020. A week or so before the exam, the testing center called me and told me that I would have to reschedule the exam due to the location here in AL closing due to Covid. I then get an email in March 2021 saying that I am eligible to take the exam. I took the exam in April 2021 and I received my TOL in July 2021. I know Covid put a hinderance on a lot of things but didn't know if anyone else had their testing center close right before your exam?
So check it, I’m from Florida, and when the pandemic hit I was gonna schedule for Miami but something told me to wait a day. Then BAM lockdown hits and all of those facilities closed. So big brain me hit up some friends and asked if lockdowns were serious in north Florida, clearly not bc they’re pretty smooth brained up there. So I took the 5 hour drive and tested with a mask on lol.

So check it, I’m from Florida, and when the pandemic hit I was gonna schedule for Miami but something told me to wait a day. Then BAM lockdown hits and all of those facilities closed. So big brain me hit up some friends and asked if lockdowns were serious in north Florida, clearly not bc they’re pretty smooth brained up there. So I took the 5 hour drive and tested with a mask on lol.
You know, I thought about doing that same thing. I am in Alabama and at the time the closest testing centers to me were Birmingham and Nashville (one closer started offering the AT-SA this year in Decatur. Me and another guy were the first two to ever take it at that location). I was very excited to take it again and almost booked a flight to Charlotte, NC because it was the only one that had availability in the region. Just sucked that it closed right before I was supposed to test instead of right after.

Exact same thing happened to me.

Happened to tons of people... hence why you were given a second opportunity to take the ATSA. Because not everyone was able to take it before the pandemic shut it down

Happened to tons of people... hence why you were given a second opportunity to take the ATSA. Because not everyone was able to take it before the pandemic shut it down
Yes, I know why I was given a second chance to take it. Just looking to see how many people had the same experience that I did.

Back
Top Bottom