Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Anyone of y’all have a wife and kids?
Yep. Wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs. I also bought a house 5 years ago so I've accumulated a ton of crap. Moving is going to be quite an adventure lol

I'm also married. We have 1 kid. Anyone plan to take their family to the academy?
My kids are all in school here so I'll go to OKC alone and have them move when I know where we're headed. It's good to see so many other people with kids going through this same stuff. When I went to basic training at 25 I was the only "older" married guy in a barracks with a bunch of fresh high school grads

I'm considering having my 97 ranger shipped out there from Denver. It's only a 9-10 hour drive, but I'm too afraid it'll break down along the way. Not willing to miss my class date on a gamble like that. I really do want the peace of mind knowing that I can drive myself around during the stay though.
I feel you. I'm driving from COS.

Is it possible to transfer from enroute to terminal a few years down the line after you're fully cleared at your facility for enroute? Would like to have windows to look out of eventually in my career.
The short answer is yes. The more accurate answer is that it's probably not worth it.

Also, does anyone have recommendations for what I can study to prepare going into basics and the academy. I want to have as much of a leg up as possible to prepare myself.

Back
Top Bottom